THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications WeissLicht Spektrum LED turn signals

09-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
E46toF22
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

WeissLicht Spektrum LED turn signals

Has anyone switched their front turn signals to these? Bimmian sells them for around $100 Canadian a pair. Not sure I want to pay another $500 or so to do all the back end lights, but they do seem to look pretty good (at least on the Bimmian web site) so I thought it might be worth it to start with the front signals and see how I like them while I look for something a bit more economical for the back.

If you're using them, how do you like them? And do you have amber or white? Any pics/video?

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toF22 View Post
Has anyone switched their front turn signals to these? Bimmian sells them for around $100 Canadian a pair. Not sure I want to pay another $500 or so to do all the back end lights, but they do seem to look pretty good (at least on the Bimmian web site) so I thought it might be worth it to start with the front signals and see how I like them while I look for something a bit more economical for the back.

If you're using them, how do you like them? And do you have amber or white? Any pics/video?

Thanks a lot.
Hey man! I just got the turn signal set - amber front & red rear. I was going to post a review but wanted to check to see if anyone else already had - and came across you post/question.

Yes, these are as nice as what you see on Bimmian's website.

I coded off the error checking for the turn signals & I get no flickering. There are no errors inside the car, either. The flash rate is the same as the incandescent bulbs.

One thing I noticed is that these bulbs are ever so slightly looser in the socket vs the stock incandescent bulbs. I used a small piece of cardboard to fill the gap between the bulb & socket & it works fine. Don't want the bulbs vibrating in the housing.

There ya go!
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #3
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
Hey man! I just got the turn signal set - amber front & red rear. I was going to post a review but wanted to check to see if anyone else already had - and came across you post/question.

Yes, these are as nice as what you see on Bimmian's website.

I coded off the error checking for the turn signals & I get no flickering. There are no errors inside the car, either. The flash rate is the same as the incandescent bulbs.

One thing I noticed is that these bulbs are ever so slightly looser in the socket vs the stock incandescent bulbs. I used a small piece of cardboard to fill the gap between the bulb & socket & it works fine. Don't want the bulbs vibrating in the housing.

There ya go!
Was considering changing my front turn signal with the amber ones. Does our 2er get flicking with no coding done? Website claims no errors and should be a simple swap. Wanted to know if on start up we get flicking??
https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...-Signal-Bulbs/
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 02:50 AM   #4
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
Was considering changing my front turn signal with the amber ones. Does our 2er get flicking with no coding done? Website claims no errors and should be a simple swap. Wanted to know if on start up we get flicking??
https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...-Signal-Bulbs/
Howdy!

I think by "no errors" WeissLicht only means you don't get an error message the bulb is out - but not sure. I say that because the flickering isn't really an error. That is just the bulb test. i would think they would specifically say "no flickering" since that is the biggest concern with swapping out to LEDs. Just my thoughts there - don't know for sure. I coded out the bulb test so i don't get any flickering.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 02:52 AM   #5
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Comment on brightness in use

hello folks!

As promised - report on brightness in use.

Unobtrusive. looks bright as all get out in my garage because of the spot "throw", being so close to the garage door. Real world, no issues with the bulb brightness offending opposing drivers.

Jim
Appreciate 0