E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Any feed back on DEPO headlight units for E90 (Pre LCI)

09-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
sixthsense
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 (320i)

Any feed back on DEPO headlight units for E90 (Pre LCI)

Hello
Has Anyone here installed DEPO Head lights with Angel Eye (AE) for E90 (Pre LCI) ? If so how good the quality of the lights are?
Its very clear reading from so many different threads/ posts that even if you have a projector head lights in the pre LCI 320i’s, there is no AE’s with the OEM lights. Also we cannot install LCI projector head lights to Pre LIC’s E90’s (again only for 2006- March 2007 models) correct?
Accordingly, for 2006 E90 owners (people like me ) only option is DEPO/aftermarket head light units with AE’s. (Cost effective solution)
I was wondering if anyone installed those DEPO head lights on their E90 pre/post LCI’s?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #2
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i

I've had DEPO headlights (including ~200 white less for 4 AE's?) before and I thought the quality was quite good for the price. The only reason I had to return to seller was the set up was for LHD

Another option for pre-lci halogens is to run lci halogens (including AE's), which are plug and play. No coding or modifications required!

It's what I have as my current set up.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #3
sixthsense
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuunfujihara View Post
I've had DEPO headlights (including ~200 white less for 4 AE's?) before and I thought the quality was quite good for the price. The only reason I had to return to seller was the set up was for LHD

Another option for pre-lci halogens is to run lci halogens (including AE's), which are plug and play. No coding or modifications required!

It's what I have as my current set up.

Thanks For your info ryuunfujihara,

I appreciate it!! I guess thats economical too!! Would you mind letting me know from where did you get your LCI Halogens? And what was the price you pain approx?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

The LCI Halogens are a bit on the expensive side... I picked up a new set in HK for approximately ~$700AUD (I'm fairly sure it's a lot more from BMW in Aus...)? Maybe you could check at the wreckers for a set?

I swapped the headlights myself with a couple of screwdrivers and spanners! If you search up headlight replacement on google/ on this forum, I'm sure you'll find a tonne of guides.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #5
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

So sorry, I just remembered seeing these a couple of months ago!

Look very similar to the OEM Lci Halogens that I have... No idea on the quality however. Another cheap option to consider!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E90-E...item258dcda667

I think the seller has the other DEPO lights you were referring to also, however without the white LEDs that the ones I bought in the past had.

Hope this helps a bit
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
sixthsense
Rep

Thanks a Lot.!!
I am bit confused here. weather to go with Depo or with OEM lights. If its OEM I will definitely go with the Original OE Lights from BMW. Was wondering if you actually needed a Vista DRL ANGEL EYE HARNESS as per this thread.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184738
or as per http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285855

Our car has DRL's which you can turn on and off. (correct??) I remember doing a setting yesterday. So do we actually need these Vista harness?? (As our car is Euro Model)
Does your Angel eye work as DRL's?? or only during when the parking light is on??
Thanks for your info earlier.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #7
Fuji
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thumbs up

I guess it's up to you with pricing and such. Do you want to keep an OEM look? I coupled my OEM LCI Halogens with LCI style tail lights as well

You will not require a harness for either to work on your car. Both are plug and play, which is easy!

They have a DRL setting, but only for the main headlights I believe. If you want to have these act as DRLs, you'll need to code the car. I got the links and information on how to do this off the forum. This section should show you how to go about it. There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's doable! http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

I'm glad I could help
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Thanks a Lot.!!
I am bit confused here. weather to go with Depo or with OEM lights. If its OEM I will definitely go with the Original OE Lights from BMW. Was wondering if you actually needed a Vista DRL ANGEL EYE HARNESS as per this thread.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184738
or as per http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285855

Our car has DRL's which you can turn on and off. (correct??) I remember doing a setting yesterday. So do we actually need these Vista harness?? (As our car is Euro Model)
Does your Angel eye work as DRL's?? or only during when the parking light is on??
Thanks for your info earlier.
Appreciate 0