E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Few Questions(please help)

12-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Few Questions(please help)

Whell i wash and wax my car regulary since i do not have a garage for her. I am not a zaino guy (yet), hopefully by the summer time. But i have a few things that have been bothering me and hopefully you guys can help.

First and foremost all the dirt/dust from he exhaust leaves tiny black spots on my rear bumber/trunk/spoiler. I know i have to clay bar but i am not familiar with the process so i used goo gone and then waxed last time since the clear coat gets ripped off with that stuff. So if someone can pleae give me insturction/a brand of clay bar too use i would appreciate it.

Secondly are my tail pipes, i can never get all the black backed on stuff off of them. If anyone can recommend a product it would be great

Thirdly after about 2 and a half months of my rims staying beautiful there seems to be some baked on black spots. I forgot the wheel cleaner i use after i scrub and clean but if anyone can recommend somethimg that would also be great.

Thank you for reading and thanks for all the help.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

1. i use the Zaino claybar...you can also use the mother's or meguiar's claybar. they work fine...if you want to get into detail, go with Chemical Guys clay bars (they have 3)

2. mother's billet metal polish and mother's powerball mini should do the trick

3. thats brake dust that got baked in because you didnt properly seal the wheels...maybe you can try something like the P21s gel wheel cleaner, or try a acid based wheel cleaner, like the Meguiar's Detailer Wheel brightener (only sold by the gallon)

pm me if u have any more questions
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
1. i use the Zaino claybar...you can also use the mother's or meguiar's claybar. they work fine...if you want to get into detail, go with Chemical Guys clay bars (they have 3)

2. mother's billet metal polish and mother's powerball mini should do the trick

3. thats brake dust that got baked in because you didnt properly seal the wheels...maybe you can try something like the P21s gel wheel cleaner, or try a acid based wheel cleaner, like the Meguiar's Detailer Wheel brightener (only sold by the gallon)

pm me if u have any more questions
1 instructions on proper use of the claybar PLEASE lol

2 where too buy?

3 where to buy?

P.S. after i clay bar the trunk/bumber/spoiler whats the best prevention fo this reoccuring so i dont always have to clay when i was wax?

P.P.S thank you very much for the response

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz View Post
check the sticky by DanidN
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:

2 where too buy?

3 where to buy?

P.S. after i clay bar the trunk/bumber/spoiler whats the best prevention fo this reoccuring so i dont always have to clay when i was wax?

P.P.S thank you very much for the response

1. zaino claybar comes with very detailed instructions
zainostore.com

2. http://www.autogeek.net/motbilmetpol.html

3. http://www.autogeek.net/p2wheelclean.html
or
http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-wheel-brightener.html
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Here's our writeup on how to properly use a clay bar. If you have any questions regarding using clay, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Appreciate 0