BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion WOW talking about fully load option on 135i in price almost the same as e92 coupe

12-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
WOW talking about fully load option on 135i in price almost the same as e92 coupe

My 135i Coupe
3.0-liter, turbocharged inline 6-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
Base MSRP $34,900
Montego Blue Metallic $475
Gray Boston Leather $0
Gray Poplar wood trim $0
Premium Package $3,300
Sport Package $1,000
• M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
$100
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $1,275
Comfort Access system $500
Navigation system $2,100
HD radio $350
iPod and USB adapter $400
Premium hi-fi system $875
Park Distance Control (rear only) $350
Destination & Handling: $775
Total MSRP as Built $46,400
BMW Ultimate Service™
A suite of premium benefits that is included at no cost with all BMWs for four years.
Learn more
4 Years/50,000 Mile Warranty Included
4 Years/50,000 Maintenance Program Included
4 Years/Unlimited Mileage Roadside Assistance Included

Base MSRP This is the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for this vehicle.

Montego Blue Metallic $475

Gray Boston Leather $0

Gray Poplar wood trim $0

Premium Package $3,300

• Universal Garage Door Opener
• Digital compass mirror
• Power front seats with driver seat memory
• Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
• BMW Assist
• Lumbar support
• Gray Boston Leather

Sport Package $1,000

• Shadowline trim
• M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
• Sport seats

M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters $100

STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $1,275

6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission provides a choice of three modes: "Drive", which incorporates BMW's Adaptive Transmission Control; "Sport" automatic, for a more dynamic shift pattern; and STEPTRONIC automatic, for the hands-on control of a manual without using a clutch.

Comfort Access system $500

Comfort Access system offers an even greater degree of convenience: keyless access to your car. Simply carrying the remote key in a pocket allows you to unlock the doors by touching the door handle. You can also turn the engine on or off by pressing the Start/Stop button without first inserting the remote key.
Foot must be on brake or, with manual transmission, must also depress the clutch in order to start.

Navigation system $2,100

Navigation system with iDrive and Real Time Traffic Information - convenient functions at your fingertips.

The iDrive controller allows the driver to effortlessly operate the navigation system, climate, communication, and entertainment functions. The system adds an intuitive information menu that helps you personalize your settings for entertainment, display, and vehicle features. The information menu also provides clear feedback on your vehicle service status for your peace of mind. Voice Command allows you to simply speak to tune a radio station, input navigation information, or operate a number of vehicle related functions, while your eyes remain focused on the road ahead and your hands on the steering wheel. Real Time Traffic Information is also included, and does not require a monthly service charge. This service, available in many metropolitan areas, can help guide you toward less congested roads. Vehicles equipped with the optional BMW Assist system display its safety and convenience features like Roadside Assistance, Service Request, while Bluetooth® connectivity makes hands-free calling a snap.

HD radio $350

HD Radio™ broadcasting is the new, digital standard for AM and FM radio stations. Across the United States, over 1300 AM/FM stations have upgraded to HD Radio technology, with over 600 of the FM stations also offering new, HD Radio-only "multicast" channels, vastly increasing programming choice. HD Radio stations are broadcast in crystal-clear digital sound and offer innovative data services, such as song artist and title scrolling across the screen. HD Radio is totally subscription free from your local AM and FM radio stations, once your car is equipped with an HD Radio receiver.

iPod and USB adapter $400

The iPod® adaptor offers the ability to simply and easily integrate selected iPod® models and other selected MP3 players into the vehicle's audio system. Once connected, the MP3 unit is fully controllable through the audio interface. You can then enjoy your personalized music selections delivered with the full audio capabilities and refinement of the BMW sound system.

Premium hi-fi system $875

Premium Hi-Fi anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio with upgraded speakers (including 2 subwoofers), Digital Sound Processing (DSP), Radio Data System (RDS), Auto-Store and 3-channel FM diversity antenna; displays MP3 song title and artist

Park Distance Control (rear only) $350

Park Distance Control uses ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper to help you judge the distance to other cars and unseen objects when parking. The beeping becomes faster as your bumper approaches the object, turning into a constant tone when the distance is less than 12 inches.

Total MSRP as Built This is the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for this vehicle, including everything that you have added to it in this configuration.

4 Years/50,000 Mile Warranty Covers defects in materials or workmanship, regardless if you are the first owner or subsequent owner. All service is performed by a BMW certified technician at an authorized BMW center, using only original BMW parts.

4 Years/50,000 Maintenance Program Pay nothing for one of the most comprehensive programs in its class. It also offers the longest coverage period - four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

4 Years/Unlimited Mileage Roadside Assistance Around-the-clock travel protection without any mileage restrictions. Coverage includes all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico, and even if someone else is driving your BMW.
      12-31-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Gig103
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tesla P85D

True, but I think the logic is that if you don't need the larger car, you can save money and weight(?); not that it is a 'budget' BMW.

Of course, the real kicker is that a 3-series coupe can get ED pricing of Invoice+$1500 or better, compared to no real discount for the "new" 1-series.... meaning the 3-er might be the same price! YMMV of course.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Yeah that is crazy. Plus it is only like 200 pounds lighter.

I was on the list to order the new 135i but after speculation of pricing creeping up to mid 30's without any options I had a dilemma on my hands. I was always in love with the 3 series but when I put all the options I wanted It was pushing 50k in a hurry. Then one Sunday driving around some dealerships with my wife we came acrossed a 07 Space Grey e92 with Coral Red leather, premium, cold weather, sport, and 6000 miles it was love at first sight. I negiotated down to about what I would have to pay for a new 1 Series. Needless to say I bought the 3 and I am loving every minute.
Appreciate 0