THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning How to verify exhaust flap is opening as it should?

10-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

How to verify exhaust flap is opening as it should?

Is there a way to verify that the exhaust flap is opening up as it's supposed to?

I replaced my stock muffler with the M Performance this morning and dumbass me forgot to unplug the clip to disconnect the sensor when removing the old one, kept tugging at it before realizing what it was, want to make sure I didn't pull the wire loose or screw something up.

BTW exhaust sounds awesome, a little quieter than I expected but the tone is much better, will put up some videos tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like I didn't mess anything up, flapper is working fine. For anyone else wondering in the future, you can easily see the flapper if it's open or close by looking inside the driver side exhaust pipe with a flashlight plus you can fee the head coming out of the tip. The flapper actually opens up after a while if the car is idling, but it's closed upon the initial start up.

Last edited by HX_Guy; 10-18-2014 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0