THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics BMW Connected Drive Internet Browser

11-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
cbbplanet
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: space shuttle

BMW Connected Drive Internet Browser

My 2014 235i have Prem & Tech Package and I also have access to BMW Online and BMW Apps. However, I recently found out that BMW have a internet browser options so I proceed to call BMW Assist to find out why I don't have it. I read you do have to call them to activate it (I called previously to activate my BMW remote via iPhone app). However to my dismay, they told me that I do not have the option installed? I check back again on the website and there is no such option on there for a BMW internet browser other than BMW online which I already have.

I guess my question is, do anyone out there with tech package do have the internet browser function??
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Peter-K
Private
Rep
Drives: 220d M Sport

In the UK Internet services must be ordered as part of the car and after 1 year is chargeable. Even if the required hardware is present ( http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...formation.html ) BMW state they have no ability to record it against the vehicle VIN so you can't buy it. They did say that the situation may change when their "new system is implemented"
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

Mine has the browser, its a cool trick to show passengers Google's homepage but too cumbersome to use. Everyone has a smart phone, so its pretty useless.

Long story short, you aren't missing out on much.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #4
sdm235
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i black/black

I have the browser but haven't really spent any time with it yet. I've just recently started toying with the apps like pandora,laptimer and such...I always just jump in my car and go. Need to take some time one day and actually tinker with everything..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo
Mine has the browser, its a cool trick to show passengers Google's homepage but too cumbersome to use. Everyone has a smart phone, so its pretty useless.

Long story short, you aren't missing out on much.
OMG just typing a website takes forever
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
cbbplanet
First Lieutenant
Rep

i figured probably its useless but just dont want to pay for a package and not get the features.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
cbbplanet
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdm235 View Post
I have the browser but haven't really spent any time with it yet. I've just recently started toying with the apps like pandora,laptimer and such...I always just jump in my car and go. Need to take some time one day and actually tinker with everything..
what package did you order? just prem and tech? i dont even think i have pandora and laptime so perhaps i'm missing some things when i ordered?
Appreciate 0