E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > The coupe comes out in June, but ordering...

01-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
stratstrummer
Private
Rep
Drives: Want a 330i soon.

The coupe comes out in June, but ordering...

By coming out, do people mean thats when it hits showrooms, or that is when people can order? If it hits showroom in June, does that mean we can start ordering Euro delivery in April or May?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer
By coming out, do people mean thats when it hits showrooms, or that is when people can order? If it hits showroom in June, does that mean we can start ordering Euro delivery in April or May?
It may not be available for Euro-Delivery right away.
BMWNA has a nasty habit of delaying E.D. allocation to dealers on hot new models (I think the E92 qualifies)
by about 3 to 6 months. That's how it was on the E46 Coupe, anyway.

Even if a dealership is willing to put an E92 into the E.D. program for you (out of their own allocation), there'll probabaly be no prices available 'til late May. So as far as pricing goes for that time of year, you'll be at the mercy of the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
ianstewarts
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Pics should be out soon

I live in the UK.
I purchased the coupe (323Ci) at the time when it was first released here (June)(in fact I was first to drive out of the Sytner showroom in the new shaped model).Great feeling as I hardly saw another coupe on the road in the first 2 months.
I ordered the car the previous November (I'd seen some spy pics in a magazine)
The first car show it was revealed at if I can remember was the Geneva Motor show in March. However I think the pictures (official) were released a lot earlier.
I will be ordering the new Coupe once I see the official pic's.
My dealer told me that the E92 coupe would be released in the UK in September.I think the car goes on sale in Germany 2 months before the UK.
From the pictures I've seen online, it looks like the one in the Italian magazine are the real thing, perhaps confirmed by the spy shots of the lightly taped black car released on German Car fans.
If you look carefully every detail on the prototypes checks with the light coloured car in the magazine shot.
One word of caution.
I purchased a 330 Ci 3 years after the first car. This was streets ahead quality wise.
Appreciate 0