E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > funny sounding engine and vanos recall

11-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Nickski
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

funny sounding engine and vanos recall

I hope this helps others out, I bought my car CPO in May, 30K on the clock, the engine has always sounded like crap, especially on cold starts. It sounded like the lifters were getting the crap beaten out of them until I would give it a blip of throttle on clod starts, but also in general. I passed it off as that's the way its supposed to sound. my first direct inject engine car. . Then over the summer I was occasionally getting a rhythmic hesitation at cruising speed on the highway, 2k on the tach doing 60-70. Was it bad gas? I started noticing that acceleration from a stop was really jumpy, I do have the alpina flash on my slushbox. I just got my car back from the dealer, I had them do the VANOS recall. She sounds smooth now on start up, no more internals beating the crap out of each other. no more jumpy acceleration. I will keep you posted if problems continue, but they seem to have gone. I was worried the hesitation on the high way was the carbon build up I have read about. Hope that helps someone else out. cheers.
Appreciate 0