Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

12-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

M4 at MSR Houston

Took the M4 out to MSR on Friday. In fact the whole family went out

Uncle - Ferrari 458
Cousin - M4
Me - M4
Friend - AMG C63
Uncle - AMG SLS Gullwing

My uncle could not talk highly enough about the M4 since he was unable to run away from the M4 in his 458. Even after rotating drivers the M4 and 458 were dead even.

From my perspective, MDM modes sucks and is way too invasive for a "M" mode. Often felt the brakes getting light under heavy braking and turning because MDM decided to get involved. Short of the electronics interfering, car was very well balanced, had good grip and feel.

Operating temperatures were solid the whole time. Tires wont last probably 2-3 days of tracking but thats normal for high performance tires

Footage taken from my mini 0803 dashcam

Last edited by stevenc; 12-02-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

what a awesome group of cars to say the least! sounds like a fun day!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

damn im jealous, I haven't been able to get on to msr for years and im in Houston

will watch the video later, but agree with your assessment of MDM. useless. I just turned it off and slowly worked up to speed. depending on the direction you were running, gut check and the wall can be an area to back off a little, and still have a lot of fun running with TC off

great that you got to drive the car as its meant to be driven. all of us Houston drivers need to get together to meet up, if not for a track day
      12-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
damn im jealous, I haven't been able to get on to msr for years and im in Houston

will watch the video later, but agree with your assessment of MDM. useless. I just turned it off and slowly worked up to speed. depending on the direction you were running, gut check and the wall can be an area to back off a little, and still have a lot of fun running with TC off

great that you got to drive the car as its meant to be driven. all of us Houston drivers need to get together to meet up, if not for a track day
I agree Kenny. How do we get this going? Im hoping to start next Saturday with the BMW CCA guys, will post whatever I learn. My friend just got a Cayman GTS and wants in too.
      12-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
I agree Kenny. How do we get this going? Im hoping to start next Saturday with the BMW CCA guys, will post whatever I learn. My friend just got a Cayman GTS and wants in too.
you should join us for this

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065456