Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

BMW A/C Temp settings

Disclaimer: This is my first BMW.

I have spent time on this one guys. Searched the forums and spoken to a two friends that own BMW's.

Is there really no way to adjust A/C temperature simultaneously on these cars? Do I have to adjust my settings & the passenger settings whenever I want to change the temperature of the car? I cant believe BMW would do this.

And when I turn the car on, it defaults to the lowest A/C setting on. Even if I turned the A/C off before turning the car off. What am I doing wrong?

Am I an idiot?
      12-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
audihere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and Clown Shoe

My CA said there wasn't a way to sync the two temps. (Coding maybe??)

I've just been leaving the setting alone (at 69 and Auto) and using the blue/red dial by the main center vents to adjust the temp. That actually works pretty well.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
3er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

I doubt it . I have the same problem in my wife's X5. It drives OCD people like us mad!
      12-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Is there really no way to adjust A/C temperature simultaneously on these cars? Do I have to adjust my settings & the passenger settings whenever I want to change the temperature of the car? I cant believe BMW would do this.
There was briefly an "ALL" button in the 3 Series (maybe other models too) that you could push to tell the HVAC to mirror the driver zone temperature to the passenger side whenever it was changed. I believe this was added sometime around the E90 LCI but removed when the F30 debuted.

Without that feature, you must adjust them separately, yes. As for why BMW does it, my guess is that most people didn't use the feature. I think most people just set the HVAC to "Auto" and rarely mess with it.

Quote:
And when I turn the car on, it defaults to the lowest A/C setting on. Even if I turned the A/C off before turning the car off. What am I doing wrong?

Am I an idiot?
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=16680510

It's not clear why some cars do this and some do not. Mine happens to not do it, and for that I am thankful.
Appreciate 0