GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Anyone able to help-Remote Coding?

Is the title states, I have the program software (a few versions), and all the required bits. I was trying to utilize my MacBook running parallels, though it was certainly not what I would consider efficient.
Anyone in Michigan lower South East Michigan area that would be willing to possibly meet up, or would someone be able to do it remotely?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

What's your timeline?

I'm near Cleveland and haven't taken delivery yet (expecting some time in Feb), but would be happy to meet up then and see what can be done. SE MI is only a couple of hours from here, so perhaps we could meet in the Toledo area?

I have the software, am ordering the cable today, have been reading about this extensively and plan to start "practicing" on my F30 - Or we could practice on yours

PM me if you want to "discuss" further.

James.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS
What's your timeline?

I'm near Cleveland and haven't taken delivery yet (expecting some time in Feb), but would be happy to meet up then and see what can be done. SE MI is only a couple of hours from here, so perhaps we could meet in the Toledo area?

I have the software, am ordering the cable today, have been reading about this extensively and plan to start "practicing" on my F30 - Or we could practice on yours

PM me if you want to "discuss" further.

James.
We'll hold off on your cable if you haven't already ordered. I actually have a couple, I'll practically give you one.
Back in 2010, I had a brief stint with Audi when the new B8, S4 was released. Long story, but two water pumps, transmission dropped, clutch replaced twice, hood latch causing service engine light to stay on, all before 5,000 miles made that affair short lived.
Although, the Vag-Com (Audi's coding software), was my first rendezvous with automobile coding (or any coding for that matter).
I became quite well versed, and one of the initial pioneers from the group of individuals who established much of the initial coding.
Let me just say that coding that Audi was like coding for a Nintendo game vs BMW's Playstation 4/XBox One.
At any rate, shoot me a pm when you get a moment.
Chris
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

Chris, completed my first "trial run" tonight on my 2012 F30 335i.
Downloaded all the software, made back up copies of all the necessary "original files" and started small by trying just to add in the psi and temp figures for the TPM system. It seem to work quite well.

Less success with trying to get the turn signals into the HUD, but will investigate more this weekend.

James.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0