E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Cracked my front bumper

01-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
dudeman
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i xdrive

Unhappy Cracked my front bumper

well guys, fate was good to me yesterday and decided to make a rabbit , yes rabbit, run infront of my car while i was driving home so i had no time to react and had no other choice but to run the bastard over, it felt like a little speed bump/pothole so i didnt think much of it when i got home, i just checked the front of my car and thought "thank god nothing happened" then out of nowhere like an hour later something made think to myself "let me go outside and just check my car again just to be sure nothing happened" so when i checked the side of my car where i ran over bugs bunny i found the most horrible mind shattering thing.. a fcking odd sideways big ass crack popping out from the mesh to the headlight..it looks fcking ridiculous and its killing me every second i think about it, idk how running over that thing caused that crack, im guessing the impact of the hit? idk but jesus christ man.. my baby that i took care of so much im gonna get it fixed and and do the whole insurance thing blah blah but im thinking, do you guys think it looks repairable or do i have to order a new bumper and go through that wholeee process(ordering it, repainting it, etc etc)? i took it to my friends at the mechanic and they said it looks repairable but i need my bimmer brothers advice. btw can you guys help cheer me up? maybe similar stories, something idc, im just depressed cause i now i have to drive with this hideous crack till i get it fixed btw the only good thing about this is that you cant see the crack head on, its only when you look to the side you can.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Ok I'm not a "brother", but I'll try to help out, haha! First, it coulda been a lot worse... maybe a huge deer which has happened to other members. And lucky it didn't crash into your hood and windshield and cut up your face! You're right, it's not that noticeable too!
Unfortunately, IMO, I don't think it's repairable, but I'm far from an expert.
Good luck. Cheer up! It's not that bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

What bumper is that?

Generally plastic bumpers just get replaced as the labor to repair quickly exceeds the cost of a new one.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

if that bumper was OEM you wouldn't have that problem, I think the bumper you have is fiberglass or something similar

Fiberglas tends to shatter on impact
Appreciate 0