BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

01-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Jacque8883
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 E92

Canadian / GTA / Toronto M3/4 owners - suggestions wanted!

Hi all Canadian M3/4 owners,

Was working overseas in the last few years and now returned to Toronto for about a year. Used to own a E92 M3 before but then switched to the P-camp for a while.

Long story short, after two P-cars, which both were very excellent cars, I still miss the M3 for some unknown reason and am thinking of coming back to the M3/4 family!

So want to see how big of a M3/4 community the GTA/Toronto region has, and also what are people's choices on color, setup? This time, I am planning to get a M3 instead of M4 (more practical as I need to carry some stuff from time to time) and I like the Yas Marina Blue (only seen once on the street). Will definitely go DCT (loved the DCT on E92) etc.

Also, anyone know how long is the build to deliver cycle assuming no fit within existing inventory at certain dealers? 6 months? Pricing (discount) etc?

In any case, hello everyone and look forward to seeing more M3/4 cars on the street! I'm planning to "come back" to the family by end of 2015.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
M3Fanatics
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 YMB F80 M3 '15 BSM F15 X5

Hey, welcome back man I have a YMB/SS M3 in the GTA and there is a really nice BMW community here, as far as delivery goes it takes around 3 months for a custom factory order to come, but don't expect a lot of discount as they are not getting a lot of allocations here. This pic was taken in Dundas sq during a cruise today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Welcome back bro!

If you need a good deal on the M's call Javin and Jay Wong @ Endras BMW and tell them Farley told you to call them.

I have this in 6spd thanks to them.

Name:  IMG_20141001_113049.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  874.2 KB

But it looks like this now.

Name:  20150108_171429.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  239.5 KB

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
Jacque8883
Private
Rep

Thanks both for the feedback! Both cars (colours) look nice (I meant the cleaned version of course)! LOL.

Will continue my research and "budgeting" for this car.....
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #5
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

welcome dude, we have a very good community here. @farbmw - Farley is an active member on this forum.

i got F80 MW/SO from autohaus, custom order, wait time less than 2 months.

here it is (dont bother to show u how it looks like now in these days, worse than @farbmw 's lol) just applied xpel ultimate bra on full hood / roof for extra protection in this awful winter

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

There's a great community in the GTA. I'd budget more time for a custom order...I ordered my m3 in August and I'm still waiting...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #7
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
There's a great community in the GTA. I'd budget more time for a custom order...I ordered my m3 in August and I'm still waiting...
what da heck? why it takes so long? bulletproof windows with fireproof chassis?! which dealer is that?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #8
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
what da heck? why it takes so long? bulletproof windows with fireproof chassis?! which dealer is that?
Ordered from Endras. I've got a individual interior and exterior colors...but still...

Btw what winter rims are you running?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #9
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Ordered from Endras. I've got a individual interior and exterior colors...but still...

Btw what winter rims are you running?
holy crap, individual series... no wonder it takes longer than usual!! what color u got?!

this is my winter setup feel free to PM me for more questions.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1069458
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #10
Jacque8883
Private
Rep

BTW, noticed the YMB color does change a bit in different light / shades etc., from googling pictures, interesting!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #11
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque8883 View Post
BTW, noticed the YMB color does change a bit in different light / shades etc., from googling pictures, interesting!
IMO, it looks darker by contrast on pics... but its kinda 'baby blue' in real life.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #12
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

My final order that I got in October was ordered in May.There was a delay waiting for the Moonstone paint to enter production.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #13
M3Fanatics
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 YMB F80 M3 '15 BSM F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
IMO, it looks darker by contrast on pics... but its kinda 'baby blue' in real life.

Not really it changes a lot under different lighting, also IMO it looks darker in real life than in pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:53 PM   #14
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Welcome back bro!

If you need a good deal on the M's call Javin and Jay Wong @ Endras BMW and tell them Farley told you to call them.
I am hoping to order from Endras this week (dealing with Mayur). The only sticking point is trying to get out of my current 335 lease. I am aiming to take delivery in March/April ... unless they can convince me to take the Tanzanite M4 off their lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #15
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundstream View Post
I am hoping to order from Endras this week (dealing with Mayur). The only sticking point is trying to get out of my current 335 lease. I am aiming to take delivery in March/April ... unless they can convince me to take the Tanzanite M4 off their lot.
tanzanite is a sick color!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #16
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:

As pyceasyas123 says, Tanzanite is a fantastic colour (I love mine long time through first 450km....). What are the options/interior like on that one?
      01-14-2015, 07:44 AM   #17
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
As pyceasyas123 says, Tanzanite is a fantastic colour (I love mine long time through first 450km....). What are the options/interior like on that one?
I had originally wanted Tanzanite at first, but have settled on AY in my mind. The main reason is that while Tanzanite looks wonderful when clean, it looks pretty much black on an overcast day and shows dirt easily.

It has DCT, Premium, Executive, Connected Drive, and M adaptive suspension, so it is decently equipped. I'd just like a little more on it (speed limit info and garage door opener). Those aren't deal breakers, but I have gotten very used to those options in my current vehicle..

The main issue I have is that the Tanzanite that they have has the Aluminum trim and I preferred the carbon fibre. As well, I think the Tanzanite needs the silver wheels for a bit of contrast and theirs comes with the darker wheels. Both can probably be switched, but not sure I want to do that to get a vehicle that is my second choice colour.

They have the same config in both coupe and convertible format ... just not sure I want to spend the extra on the convertible and lose some performance at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #18
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I had originally wanted Tanzanite at first, but have settled on AY in my mind. The main reason is that while Tanzanite looks wonderful when clean, it looks pretty much black on an overcast day and shows dirt easily.
It is not quite black (I currently have a BSM 328 to compare) but, yeah, it definitely darkens up a whole lot in the cloud.

....and, yes, the dirt. I will be washing my ride weekly at least during the snow/thaw/snow/thaw/snow/thaw winters we get in Calgary. At least our summers can be quasi-drought like....

BUT, when she is clean........
Quote:
It has DCT, Premium, Executive, Connected Drive, and M adaptive suspension, so it is decently equipped. I'd just like a little more on it (speed limit info and garage door opener). Those aren't deal breakers, but I have gotten very used to those options in my current vehicle..
Funny. I got every single option EXCEPT speed limit info and park assist. I figured I know the speed limit (and I can set a speed warning at, say, 135 anyway.....). What are the benefits you get from that one? (not challenging, more curious as to what I missed out on)

And, yeah, the built in garage door opener is nice (comes with one of the packages, though....)

Quote:
The main issue I have is that the Tanzanite that they have has the Aluminum trim and I preferred the carbon fibre. As well, I think the Tanzanite needs the silver wheels for a bit of contrast and theirs comes with the darker wheels. Both can probably be switched, but not sure I want to do that to get a vehicle that is my second choice colour.
I had the same thought on wheels, but stuck dark and got the dark kidney grill surrounds from iND (along with front reflector covers). This sets up a general blue/black (with mild chrome) contrast which actually works very nicely (roof is black/carbon, body is blue, most accents black). A bit of aggression/dark menace which then contrasts with my SS interior. (but I kept up the contrast theme with the individual piano black trim interior - agree that the aluminum is not the best)

Quote:
They have the same config in both coupe and convertible format ... just not sure I want to spend the extra on the convertible and lose some performance at the same time.
For most of the driving most people here do, the performance loss with the 'vert will be pretty minimal. If you were into serious tracking/racing, I would think it is a bigger issue.....but ask someone like GrussGott who drives his 'verts hard in NoCal - I don't think he minds the extra few pounds and in nice weather.........

Anyway, all very fun decisions!

(and have you checked out the stock at other dealerships? There is a ton here in Alberta that can likely be shipped to you that might make sense....who knows, with some recent sphincter clinching over oil prices you might even be able to score a good deal here)

I had a thread with links to the big Calgary and Edmonton dealers here (links still work/will update with new stock) http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1067344
      01-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #19
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Welcome to TO!!

I would say there is a great M community here and pretty big, but you rarely see any M3 or M4 on the street, so it still feel pretty prestigious on the road.

As for color, I would suggest AY, YMB, or SO (I got an SO/SS) because these colors seem to be slightly more dynamic as they change shades in different lighting. For SO, it looks red under photo, but really it is much more orange. It is a bright orange on sunny days, a deep orange on overcast, and red at night. With AY, it is almost bright yellow with a tint of green in sunlight, then it goes different shades of golden and yellow at night.

I would say, definitely go with full leather if you want the interior to feel more high end. Also, "definitely" get the adaptive suspension (can't go wrong for 1 grand only).

All other options are up to your personal taste. However, any way you option the car, what color you pick, you will DEFINITELY love this car!!

Cheeers.

p.s. travel time is about 2.5 months from prod to delivery. Not too sure of wait time.

p.p.s. I got mine from Endras. They seem to be a pretty good dealership, unfortunately a bit far for me given they are in Durham. But feel free to speak with Jason, great guy and honest.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #20
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Funny. I got every single option EXCEPT speed limit info and park assist. I figured I know the speed limit (and I can set a speed warning at, say, 135 anyway.....). What are the benefits you get from that one? (not challenging, more curious as to what I missed out on)
Speed limit info displays on the HUD. It tends to be quite accurate. Obviously, it is not absolutely necessary but is different than an alarm set to a fixed number (if your 135 alarm goes off in a 50 zone, that is probably not exactly what you want). I guess what they should have is an alarm that goes off if you are going 50 over current speed limit. That would be a useful Ontario feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #21
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Speed limit info displays on the HUD. It tends to be quite accurate. Obviously, it is not absolutely necessary but is different than an alarm set to a fixed number (if your 135 alarm goes off in a 50 zone, that is probably not exactly what you want). I guess what they should have is an alarm that goes off if you are going 50 over current speed limit. That would be a useful Ontario feature.
Yeah, I know how it works, was more curious as to why Soundstream felt it was so essential. There is the odd time where I've been unsure what a speed limit is on a new road, but moving along with traffic has generally kept me ok.....plus, I thought the rather stark reminder that I am speeding (I tend to travel a pretty consistent 10% over the limit, sometimes more) would be annoying But I know it has its fans and so I was more asking why one was a fan....

Is 50 km/h the 'designated tow away' speed in Ontario? We don't have anything like that in Alberta, but just over the border in BC (where I drive often and where this car will go) their statutes now mandate an automatic tow if you are caught going 40 km/h over the speed limit. Non-negotiable. Doesn't matter if you are passing or whatever - you get clocked, you get towed. (which is a big deal in mountain driving - often after sitting behind RVs and Semis through a bunch of slow going turns, you have one chance to pass on a short passing lane and, frankly, you sometimes just have to pin it). Papers here have had lots of stories of families, people, etc, stranded by the side of the road after getting dinged in one of those. I am skeptical that people are actually left beside the road, but they are likely taken to town and abandoned there.....

Needless to say, my ride will be getting some sort of good detector system and has a speed warning set at 135 just to let me know if/when I am getting to that limit. (lots of mountain roads have a 90 km/h speed limit though so......eeep)

Last edited by myzmak; 01-14-2015 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I know how it works, was more curious as to why Soundstream felt it was so essential. There is the odd time where I've been unsure what a speed limit is on a new road, but moving along with traffic has generally kept me ok
That is why it is not a dealbreaker ... just someone thing I have become accustomed to in my current car. Rather than hunting for road signs, I can just look in my HUD and see the current speed. I would say for me, it has been 99% accurate. It misses the odd sign here and there, but definitely a feature I use more than I thought I would.

I agree, that most of the time I travel with the speed of traffic, but when the roads are more empty, that is when you have to keep an eye on your speed, and I am sure it is easier to get going faster than you should in an M car.
Appreciate 0