E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Right Headlight Not Levelling - Need Help

01-13-2015, 01:48 AM   #1
sven1010
335i E92 - AR DP, AMS FMIC, ER CP, HKS BOV, JB4
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Right Headlight Not Levelling - Need Help

My right headlight bulbs work perfectly. The right side moves down then up but the right XENON remains up while the left side levels down. So the right bulb essentially blinds people when I drive and is elevated. I took it to the BMW dealership and they charged me 125$ CAD to tell me they were unable to find the problem and need an entire new unit. I personally think this is BS and no one actually took apart the headlight and just ran their "error code" scanner.

So my question is has anyone had this problem and could it be a Headlight Level Sensor issue which is 120$ fix versus 1100-1800$ fix. Thanks for your time ladies and gents.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Either A: the headlight internal adjustment is out of socket or B: the internal adjustment is actually broken.

There's a big thread on here somewhere regarding headlight leveling and all the info you need is in this thread.

I had a similar problem, the internal adjustment was broken off the headlight itself. All I could do was buy a new unit
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #3
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven1010 View Post
My right headlight bulbs work perfectly. The right side moves down then up but the right XENON remains up while the left side levels down. So the right bulb essentially blinds people when I drive and is elevated. I took it to the BMW dealership and they charged me 125$ CAD to tell me they were unable to find the problem and need an entire new unit. I personally think this is BS and no one actually took apart the headlight and just ran their "error code" scanner.

So my question is has anyone had this problem and could it be a Headlight Level Sensor issue which is 120$ fix versus 1100-1800$ fix. Thanks for your time ladies and gents.
Mines is doing the same thing. But I got an error code. I just ordered a control unit/ballast cuz the original one was fried due to water damage. That's what controls the lights up and down. Order a used one on eBay... Could be the fix. Control unit. Make sure you either get it for the coupe or sedan cuz both are different. Cheers
Appreciate 0