E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sliding tilt sunroof anti-trap function!

01-26-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
Echo335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Sliding tilt sunroof anti-trap function!

So recently I got the sunroof anti-trap function warning and my sunroof stopped working. I tried the reset method but it did not work. So I took the cabin light unit out and accessed the motor unit to the sunroof. I then manually closed the sunroof and now the reset method worked and reset the sunroof. Now today the same thing happens and I get the warning again and the sunroof stops working so again I have to access the sunroof motor unit and have to go through the steps I did yesterday and it reset. Why does this keep happening? And how come I have to access the motor unit every time and reset it manually and then the reset works? Why does the reset not work without having to first access the sunroof motor unit? But more importantly--what is triggering this error?

Thanks.

Last edited by Echo335; 01-26-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0