E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > H&R Coilover Kit for E90/E91

01-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Bigbearninja
I maybe a drawn-on bear, but I drive a BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 325ixT

Garage List
H&R Coilover Kit for E90/E91

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey fellow members,

I am about to spend $2400 CAD on a new set of H&R coilovers on my E91 stationwagon installed. I think this set also fits on all E90 sedans. It features adjustable rideheight and provides a more effective handling improvement when compared to springs replacement alone.

Just want to know if these coilovers would have any resale value, like if I used them for 3 years and post them for sale, would anyone pay maybe half of what I spent for them?

Just wondering,

Bigbearninja.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Bigbearninja
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Re: H&R Coilover Kit for E90/E91

Hello members,

No comment?

My installer called me up and said when he ordered from H&R, their reply was that this kit is still under R&D and doesn't have an availability date yet...will keep you posted.

I am really tempted to go with just the springs for now but knowing that the money will be wasted when the coilover kit comes...choices eh?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
IDENTITY_MOTORSPORTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Your shocks are still good, just do springs. In a year or two when they atart to wear then get the full coilover kit. It all depends on what you want to accomplish really.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Bigbearninja
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Original suspension setup on a winding road...

Hi all E90/E91 owners,

I have had my 325ixT for a month now, and so far I just snapped 4 18" BBS CHs with Falken Zien 512s and 6 Denso spark plugs on as mods.

This weekend I took the car to one of our ski resort heres north of Toronto. The run was 156km long and boy did I have a good time getting there. With the oem suspension setup and lighter and wider wheels the car performed out of expectation. My last car was a E46 M3 and when compared to this one, it's got less wild punch but handles just as nice, if not better. I guess I will be leaving the setup as is until I get so used to it...

The limits of this car maybe reached safer and with less "surprises". Also with the addtional space for my skiing equipment I would say it's one of the smartest buys I have ever done. So after reading some guy's unforgiving testimonial about the car (re: Considering buying a BMW? DON'T!), I can't help but wonder if this guy is a Audi / Acura / Lexus salesperson...

bigbearninja
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
winnibago
Long Roof
United_States
Rep
Drives: Automobiles

Garage List
bigbearninja,

Do you have any pics of your e91 with the 18" bbs ch's? Also, I'd love to see your wagon with before and after pics with the suspension work. I have lifted SUV's, and lowered sedans in the past, but I always avoid doing it during the warranty timeframe. I've been considering getting gunmetal/graphite colored rims, but think it would be a waste of the $400 I spent for the 5 year tire/rim warranty.. also: what mountains do you go to in your neck of the woods?

2006 E91 Msport "330xiT" ---- 2009 997.2 Launch ---- 2019 G05 Msport w/ 3rdRow
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
Bigbearninja
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Re: Winding Road...

Hello Winnibago,

I went to Blue Mountain in Collingwood, Ontario last weekend. Since it was still too early when I was on Highway 26, I kept it over 100 almost all the way to the slopes...

Anyways, like I said according to my installer the $1580 usd H&R coilover kit (part# 29177-2) will not be available until they say so; and since my car is dirty these days I can't show you the before and after pics just yet. Believe me, the BBS CH would enhance the look of any BMW, just make sure they are at least 18" in size, even better with a pair of 20mm spacers for the rear wheels.

According to my BMW salesgirl who also tried to sell me the tire warranty, the warranty covers tires even they are not OEM. Please verify if she was lying to me, otherwise that's good news for you.

Bigbearninja
Appreciate 0