E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 se seats to lci m sport seat swap.

02-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
xube8
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d lci

E92 se seats to lci m sport seat swap.

Hi
Thought I'd share my little project I did yesterday.
I swapped my se seats to the m sport ones, I was more concerned about making sure they were heated when I went to see them, totally over looked the fact they were Lci ones, but the seller assured me they should be a straight swap.
So after cleaning them up I took my old seats out and put the new ones in, I noticed the little white plug that wasn't on my old seats, but as everything apart from the side bolsters was working I left it.
Read on a few threads since that it's something for the head rests, which doesn't apply to my model, and found out what to connect where to get the side bolsters working, so that'll be something I'll tackle in the next few weeks.
But overall I'm chuffed to bits, so much more comfortable, and I'm sure my are is running smoother.
Oh and btw, I forgot to disconnect my battery, but luckily no warning lights or any snags (touch wood).
Will be posting my heated se seats in the classifieds section soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Need pics but sounds like a great project
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
xube8
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Need pics but sounds like a great project
Thanks.
I've tried to but it won't let me as the resolution is too large, trying to figure out how to reduce it, I'll post some as soon as I can figure it out.
Thanks tho.
Appreciate 0