E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > where to buy e93 CF trunk?

02-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
giovanniv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 e93

where to buy e93 CF trunk?

I've been trying to locate a good quality CF trunk for a e93. Post pics of your trunks, any fitment issues, brand and where you purchased from!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

I believe @E93Mac has a nice Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Trunk. It's probably very expensive though
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #3
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I just can't bring myself to screw around with the trunk portion of our vehicles- it's just too much of a pain in the ass to find the right fit for everything in the back... this includes trunk spoilers.

Besides, there's way too much going on back there... what with the hardtop folding in precisely into the trunk area etc... to mess around with it.

Plus you have that electronic third brake light and the shark fin built into it.

I can't imagine taking the chance of modifying anything on that part of my car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335
I just can't bring myself to screw around with the trunk portion of our vehicles- it's just too much of a pain in the ass to find the right fit for everything in the back... this includes trunk spoilers.

Besides, there's way too much going on back there... what with the hardtop folding in precisely into the trunk area etc... to mess around with it. I can't imagine taking the chance of modifying anything on that part of my car.
Wuss
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #5
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:

Besides, there's way too much going on back there... what with the hardtop folding in precisely into the trunk area etc... to mess around with it. I can't imagine taking the chance of modifying anything on that part of my car.
Wuss
Ha ha maybe, but at least nothing will malfunction back there, having myself to blame.

I have enough trouble with this piece of shit hardtop Tara...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 01:13 AM   #6
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wuss
Ha ha maybe, but at least nothing will malfunction back there, having myself to blame.

Yes, I know. I predict you'll be trading it in for a Merc within 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wuss

Yes, I know. I predict you'll be trading it in for a Merc within 6 months.
With a wedding on the way in less than six months, unfortunately I'm on financial lockdown for a while. I'll hold onto it, but I'm definitely getting the extended warranty on this damn thing...
Appreciate 0