E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight Issue - Need Quick Help

02-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335XI

Exclamation Headlight Issue - Need Quick Help

Hey everyone, I need some quick suggestions.

My car was involved in a hit and run a couple weeks ago. Shop got the car put back together, but the new headlight isn't working.

My headlight worked before (even after being smashed up). The angel eyes work fine, but they can't get the HID to work.

What could possible problems be?

I am going to try and stop by after work, but they will most likely be gone. If nothing else, just trying to come up with some ideas of what is going on with it before I stop by tomorrow.

If the headlight was open, could the moisture have ruined the ballast?

Thanks in advance for the help, really needing to get my car back and get out of this rental.

Last edited by NickBlaine; 02-25-2015 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #2
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bump. Any thoughts? I know its not been long, but I need to get this figured out as Geico won't cover a rental any longer.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well, something still isn't right. They put the passenger headlight (not working) and hooked it up to the drivers side, everything works. They checked all fuses, all are good. We know the ballast and bulb are good because they worked when hooked up to the drivers side.

So what could it be? I was under the impression its basically the ballast, bulb, or fuse. But all check out...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
AdamN52
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlaine View Post
Well, something still isn't right. They put the passenger headlight (not working) and hooked it up to the drivers side, everything works. They checked all fuses, all are good. We know the ballast and bulb are good because they worked when hooked up to the drivers side.

So what could it be? I was under the impression its basically the ballast, bulb, or fuse. But all check out...
Do you get voltage at the connector that plugs into the ballast for the passenger side? The fuse might be okay, but the wire could have a break in it or the connector could be messed up.

Get out the ol' multimeter!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep

If it needs a new connector, what all am I looking at. They are testing voltage at the connector, but it is my guess they won't have any there.
Appreciate 0