BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

01-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
Carlsson
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 - 08 AW

18" Standard on winter an 19" Standard on Summer ?

My M3 has delivery week 15. I´m going with the 19". I´m gonna drive it in the swedish winter also, and I´m wondering if going with the standard 18" on winter is a good choise ? The rear tyres should be 265 wide so it could be a problem when the roades turn slippery

Maybe the 18" on the 5-series with the M-package is a better choise because the are not so wide ?

It´s for the winter 08/09 so it´s no hurry

BMW M3 E46 - 03 Phoenixyellow SMG II SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupé

Well, as you know I'm driving my M3 during the Swedish winters with the 18" wheels on...

Sure is quite a lot of fun when just flooring it a little just before you exit the turn with DSC off, but I believe no matter what size of tiers you would have the outcome would be any different considering the huge amount of power this car have.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Carlsson
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 - 08 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
Well, as you know I'm driving my M3 during the Swedish winters with the 18" wheels on...

Sure is quite a lot of fun when just flooring it a little just before you exit the turn with DSC off, but I believe no matter what size of tiers you would have the outcome would be any different considering the huge amount of power this car have.

Hi Champagne,

I think the 18" you have on the winter isnt that wide as the 18" standard ( not the same ). The 18" you have is like a "winter-special" for the M3 I think.

So the problem is if I get the standard 18" with winter tyres it should be 265 wide witch isn´t the perfect match when it get snowy. I prefer the looks on the standard 18".

BMW M3 E46 - 03 Phoenixyellow SMG II SOLD
Appreciate 0