EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

03-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
German_PSI
Registered
Rep
Drives: GTI

Potential M4 owner

Hey guys. Just recently joined and this is my first post! I've been lurking around this forum for the past few weeks. Tons of great info on here!

I'm from Calgary and I've been thinking about picking up an M4. Given the current economic state in Alberta, I'm thinking this might be a good time to purchase an M.

Just wondering (for those of you in Calgary), which of the 2 dealerships you dealt with and any recommendations on who I should deal with. Being a potential first time BMW buyer, I just want to make sure I have the best possible experience. Feel free to reply or PM. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Also look to Edmonton's two dealers. A short jaunt up the highway. Try to play as many against each other
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

I have been dealing with BMW Gallery (Mike Chow). Have never been to the south store because it is just too far for me. My understanding is that the south store is the volume M dealer so you may get a better deal there.

Another member here was recently talking about buying a M3 and Calgary BMW offered him 3 or 4% discount on in stock vehicle (which is kinda weak). Seeing that I got 4% off on a factory order back in March 2014 I would expect the discount to be more because the vehicle is out for some time now.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #4
German_PSI
Registered
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Also look to Edmonton's two dealers. A short jaunt up the highway. Try to play as many against each other
Yeah, it'll probably be the last resort if I can't get anything done in Calgary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
I have been dealing with BMW Gallery (Mike Chow). Have never been to the south store because it is just too far for me. My understanding is that the south store is the volume M dealer so you may get a better deal there.

Another member here was recently talking about buying a M3 and Calgary BMW offered him 3 or 4% discount on in stock vehicle (which is kinda weak). Seeing that I got 4% off on a factory order back in March 2014 I would expect the discount to be more because the vehicle is out for some time now.

Thanks for the reply. That's a great discount you got there, given the circumstances. Right now, my intent is to trade in for a factory order. Unfortunately, there is nothing in their inventory that is spec'd to my liking.

I know the 2016MY is coming up in the summer. Do you think it is worth while to wait for the next MY?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by German_PSI View Post
Yeah, it'll probably be the last resort if I can't get anything done in Calgary.

Thanks for the reply. That's a great discount you got there, given the circumstances. Right now, my intent is to trade in for a factory order. Unfortunately, there is nothing in their inventory that is spec'd to my liking.

I know the 2016MY is coming up in the summer. Do you think it is worth while to wait for the next MY?
Don't think 2016 will bring anything new to the M4 so probably doesn't make much of a difference. There maybe some minor option package changes and/or exterior/interior color.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by German_PSI View Post
Hey guys. Just recently joined and this is my first post! I've been lurking around this forum for the past few weeks. Tons of great info on here!

I'm from Calgary and I've been thinking about picking up an M4. Given the current economic state in Alberta, I'm thinking this might be a good time to purchase an M.

Just wondering (for those of you in Calgary), which of the 2 dealerships you dealt with and any recommendations on who I should deal with. Being a potential first time BMW buyer, I just want to make sure I have the best possible experience. Feel free to reply or PM. Thanks!
Well, you know that both dealerships are owned by Dilwari, right? So, ultimately, you can't play either one off each other too strong - if you want to do that to drive the best deal, you have to go outside the city.

I dealt with BMW Calgary as it is closer to me and more convenient for servicing. My SA changed part way through the process (I factory ordered and one day the old SA stopped responding...so I called, found out he was gone, and got passed along to someone new) To be frank, that was 'ok' but a bit of a disappointment. The guy who replaced him though is absolutely top notch. Extremely responsive and very willing to go an extra mile Examples:
  • -got the 'ship to install some cosmetic things for me (reflector delete, black grilles) and to put on my winter tires all at pickup)
  • -In fact, he personally drove to Tunerworks (where I got the winter tires/wheels from) to pick them up and drive them back to the dealership to make sure I got them installed and was able to pick up the car in a very short window before I left town for xmas.
  • -In addition, he made sure the local shipping company moved the car from CN to the dealership fast
  • - and, oh yeah, he books service appointments.

Seriously. I email him saying when I want it serviced, he does all the rest.

I have no idea how much he'll will deal on price (has been at it awhile, so I assume he is a good negotiator - but often those guys are the least BS and if you come at them with a good/fair number, you get your deal) but his customer service experience is easily the best of any car salesperson I've ever dealt with. My own view is I will sacrifice a bit on price for a better experience so even if I could have negotiated a slightly a better deal elsewhere, I don't think the experience from the time he took over could have been better.

(and, frankly, BMW Calgary has not had a great service rep...a reason I was at one point hesitant to get a BMW from them....I am no longer hesitant)

If you want his name/contact info, PM me and I will pass it along to you along with my name so you can use it on a reference.
      03-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
bornyesterday
Private
Rep
Drives: F82, E92

I picked up my m4 end of January.
PM me, my sales guy at Calgary BMW was awesome to deal with.
Couldn't be anymore professional and got an awesome deal too!

myzmak, I think your SA sounds like mine...
I went on a test drive last summer with my SA (he owned his own f82 at the time) and he was in the pilot seat for the first little bit, almost shit my pants but was nice to know the limits of the car from an experienced driver. It's nice dealing with sales guys who are also enthusiasts...
Appreciate 0