THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Ride Report M235i Convertible (too long?)

03-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Ride Report M235i Convertible (too long?)

Well, we were finally able to get the car out and top down today with temps in the high 30's and low 40's. This car is awesome. I especially like the wind management with the side windows and wind blocker up, 80 mph and so little turbulence in the cockpit. We were toasty and even hot with the heat on full blast, heated seats and steering wheel on high, and a hot sun on our smiling faces. As you owners already know, the car is nimble and really quick, even using only 4k for the redline. The roads are turning to shite around here (bad winter) and there was very little chassis/body flex. It was easily as solid as our 997.2 Cab. I was pleasantly surprised to see my tire pressure and temps in the TPMS display w/o coding! Unfortunately I hadn't checked the pressures after the dealer prep and they were all around 42. If we thought the ride was pretty compliant with these pressures, can you imagine how much better it will be with the proper pressure? (PSS)
I have only spent about 3 1/2 hours in the car and found a feature that I really like, the programmable buttons above the radio. In my other older BMWs you could save a phone number or radio station but in this new car I can save whatever is on the iDrive display, for example, the TPMS info. I also love the fact that I can lightly run my fingers across these buttons and the display shows me what is saved so I don't have to remember which number is assigned to what feature. If I want to immediately access my tire pressure and temp info, I just hit #7 where i have programmed it and it pops right up w/o having to use the iDrive. I also really like the fact I can draw letters for input in the iDrive. It was super easy to put in the address w/o scrolling to each letter with the iDrive controller. I am sure it will take me a bit of time to totally dial in all my preferences. We went through a touchless car wash after our drive to get at least some of the salt and crap off the car and there weren't any leaks from the high pressure wash. She really needs a gentle hand wash though.
I can't wait for dry and warmer weather to fully appreciate the top down experience. Thanks for reading this long winded report.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
pmacd55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 328 xi  [0.00]
Sounds like you had a fun day... thanks for the report as I am thinking of the M235 cab as my next ride. Do you have the summer or all season tires ?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacd55 View Post
Sounds like you had a fun day... thanks for the report as I am thinking of the M235 cab as my next ride. Do you have the summer or all season tires ?
Summer, staggered, Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
SmoWilly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Can't Wait

Reading all these awesome reviews is making my final 6 days of waiting unbearable. Glad to hear your experiences are positive even in less than favorable conditions.

My weather outlook for pickup is sunny and 62...an anomaly in Colorado in March. Perhaps I'll finally pick up a new car without torrential rain, snow or hail as has been my experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Todd a good fun write up and great to see you enjoy your new convertible. Their is not many of these cars produced over the 6 year build.

I have 2 months at least until our convertible arrives.

I hope to see photo's with some of these driving posts.

I did add Adaptive Headlights & High Beam Assist to my car order last Friday.

Last edited by Kiwi; 03-09-2015 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Top down with temps 30-40?

People must have thought you were crazy until they saw the big smiles on your faces.

Thanks so much for the post and congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Added some pics.......

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
CE750Jockey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M240 'vert 6MT

todd, you're waaay too close to that parking barrier. I'd hate to see ya blemish the new 'vert. First thing I did with my wife was show her the sight picture for nose-in parking. Too many front spoilers have been cracked/scraped/broken.

Congrats on the car. Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #9
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE750Jockey View Post
todd, you're waaay too close to that parking barrier. I'd hate to see ya blemish the new 'vert. First thing I did with my wife was show her the sight picture for nose-in parking. Too many front spoilers have been cracked/scraped/broken.

Congrats on the car. Looks great.
Thanks, that's just skill!
Appreciate 0