BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Not Happy

I called the 800 number today to speak with customer relations. My CA has been out of pocket with all the crazy weather in the northeast so I was hoping to get an update. Well, I did. To my absolute shock, I was told my car has been rescheduled to Week 16 and was downgraded to status 111.

I don't know if any of my options contributed to this (I'm digging) but once again BMW has screwed me over.

I sold my old X5 a month ago and have been driving a rental since.

To those with orders not in production I'd call the 800 number to get an updated status.

At this point I'm thinking of canceling.
      03-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Hi pal, I'm so sorry to hear this. I called the 800 number yesterday and was told that I'm still at week 12 with P1 customer purchase. Now I'm suspicious with what they told you today! This is crazy!!! I hope it's just a mistake on their part and it's not 100% right. Stay positive! I'll call tomorrow to see if I'm still on for Monday......
Joe
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Wow, that's very upsetting. Sorry to hear the bad news. How can a car that is in production or completed production go back to status 111? Didn't your car complete production like mine? Sounds like a mix up. I would try to get in touch with your CA or the Sales Manager, and have them get to the bottom of it. Good luck!
      03-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #4
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

It wasn't in production yet. It was about to start, then this. I'm digging.
      03-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Hmmm - very suspicious. Wasn't your prior order bumped at the last second too? Just playing devils advocate, and knowing that this specific deal isn't making your dealership any money, are they playing funny business for more profitable deals? I had a similar problem with a dealership that was about to lose its franchise a few years back....

I checked mine yesterday. Still no confirmed date, still at 112, still targeted to be finished production by week 13. Will call BMWNA tomorrow....

Keep us posted?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg
Hmmm - very suspicious. Wasn't your prior order bumped at the last second too? Just playing devils advocate, and knowing that this specific deal isn't making your dealership any money, are they playing funny business for more profitable deals? I had a similar problem with a dealership that was about to lose its franchise a few years back....

I checked mine yesterday. Still no confirmed date, still at 112, still targeted to be finished production by week 13. Will call BMWNA tomorrow....

Keep us posted?
This certainly came to mind but based on what I've seen it is all corroborated. My current build was requested for Week 10, it showed 112, listed Week 12 completion, and then the change to Week 16.

Comparing my build to other ones here, I opted for rear entertainment and night vision. I wasn't fully sold on it, so I had my CA remove the rear entertainment. Other than that, most of us pretty much have the same builds minus colors.

Let's see if that alters anything.

With how tightly controlled the supply chain is, any delays would be known. Perhaps that option is the culprit, even if BMW hasn't admitted it yet. The other guess is night vision, but I'm not sure that would be an issue since its on the F15 and F16. It likely is the seats and whatever special components are required for the screens.
      03-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #7
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

My LB Blue was pushed back also to April Build. Decided to keep my HEA Vehicle. Was released a few days ago. Should be at dealer sometime this week.

What other cars are you considering?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14M5
My LB Blue was pushed back also to April Build. Decided to keep my HEA Vehicle. Was released a few days ago. Should be at dealer sometime this week.

What other cars are you considering?
Really? Interesting. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's the color?

My friends have a lot of questions to answer.

Frankly, nothing else appeals to me right now. I want this car. If a color change means I get it sooner, I can live with that.
      03-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #9
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Frankly, nothing else appeals to me right now. I want this car. If a color change means I get it sooner, I can live with that.
Surely disappointing to get that info from BMW, but do you really want to make changes to your order just to shape off a few weeks? I know that the wait is killing, but think about it - when you do finally get it, you won't be having thoughts like: "oh, I wish it was X color or had Y option as I originally wanted... oh well".
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #10
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383
Quote:
Surely disappointing to get that info from BMW, but do you really want to make changes to your order just to shape off a few weeks? I know that the wait is killing, but think about it - when you do finally get it, you won't be having thoughts like: "oh, I wish it was X color or had Y option as I originally wanted... oh well".
You're right. But LBB was a vote of compromise between me and my partner. From the very get go I really wanted Donington Grey or Melbourne Red with red interior or silver stone. The thought process was simply that this is such an awesome car, it needed to wear something on the outside that complimented it.

Life has a funny way of working things out sometimes. Maybe this is a sign that I should've gone with my gut?

Not that I wouldn't love LBB, but part of me thinks it hugs the X6 M's lines a bit better and that's why BMW launched it in that color.
      03-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #11
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Not that I wouldn't love LBB, but part of me thinks it hugs the X6 M's lines a bit better and that's why BMW launched it in that color.
If I was picking - it would definitely be DG for X5M; as you said - LBB is more for X6M. Then again, I've only seen X5M LBB on Palbay's photos which weren't of good enough quality to judge, so who knows...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:47 AM   #12
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're right. But LBB was a vote of compromise between me and my partner. From the very get go I really wanted Donington Grey or Melbourne Red with red interior or silver stone. The thought process was simply that this is such an awesome car, it needed to wear something on the outside that complimented it.

Life has a funny way of working things out sometimes. Maybe this is a sign that I should've gone with my gut?

I'm having much the same quandry. I love the red interior, and think that the LBB looks "more M" than the other colors on the X6M. However, I think that'd need a non-red interior, and my partner is particularly "anti-blue"..... so compromising with DGM.

My spec is *exactly* the same as yours (albeit without entertainment and in DG). I also have night vision.

Once BMWNA opens I'll check and see if mine shifted too...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:12 AM   #13
fyim
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

My dealer called me now to tell me that they received a notice from factory in which they were expressing the possibility of delaying my car prof with one month due to "some problems with full led headlights". WTF!!

Last week they were telling me that my car was produced. Now i have to wait another month for prod and another month for shipping for Europe? Did i order a Ferrari to wait 6 months for it?

I am waiting another week and if they do not give an official paper in which they state that in month i will have the car in my hands, i will ask for a full refund. I did not paid 55% price of car as an advance to wait 6 months
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #14
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

This is getting interesting.

I have calls out to several people. Two potential order cancellations if not more... That's over $250k lost because they can't communicate transparently with their customers.

So we have only one confirmed build at this point?

Edit: Problems with lights? Really? They're an option on the non-M cars with a high take rate. Seems this shouldn't be an issue now unless there's some issue with either the supplier or maybe specific to the M vehicles? Heat?
      03-11-2015, 05:31 AM   #15
fyim
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer

I have calls out to several people. Two potential order cancellations if not more... That's over $250k lost because they can't communicate transparently with their customers.

Edit: Problems with lights? Really? They're an option on the non-M cars with a high take rate. Seems this shouldn't be an issue now unless there's some issue with either the supplier or maybe specific to the M vehicles? Heat?
The same thing i said to my dealer: lights? Really? The same lights are on the "normal" X6, so what's the problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:33 AM   #16
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpx6m
Quote:

The same thing i said to my dealer: lights? Really? The same lights are on the "normal" X6, so what's the problem?
See if you can get a copy of the notice from your dealer, please.
      03-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #17
fyim
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpx6m
Quote:

See if you can get a copy of the notice from your dealer, please.
I asked the dealer to forward me the mail from BMW. I'm not saying that is the dealer's fault, because he only tells me what BMW AG tells him, but seriously?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 06:10 AM   #18
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpx6m View Post
I asked the dealer to forward me the mail from BMW. I'm not saying that is the dealer's fault, because he only tells me what BMW AG tells him, but seriously?
I'm not buying this. If it's really LED lights causing the issue, then they'd be holding up a big chunk of the F15 and F16 production line also, and someone's head would be on the chopping block.

The M models wouldn't have a specific cooling issue here, as I can't believe the (essentially aesthetic only) front air dams *reduce* air flow over the (sealed) light arrays to any great extent.

It also can't be a software problem, as even the worst software engineer (and I don't count BMW's as bad) wouldn't be changing lighting control software for the M-model, when the key software changes are steering, damping, transmission.

The only thing I could think is possible is that they've discovered at the absolute last second (!) that the different M steering ratio somehow screws up the adaptive lighting as it doesn't react fast enough to the 1.25 ratio vs 1.5. However, I'd doubt that it's that directly related.... and the US market doesn't have the same complex lighting system as the rest of the world (wdimagineer vs rcpx6m )

EDIT: I just spoke to BMWNA. Mine is still sat at Status 112, with estimated build of week 12. I'm guessing they haven't got as far as pushing that yet.....

Last edited by NoPII; 03-11-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #19
fyim
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Now i'm waiting for an answer until tomorrow from my dealer and BMW AG (as they promised me today) with a 100% delivery date. If it's overpassing the Othodox Easter (12th April), next week i will make the papers for refund and buy a S63 amg coupe and call it a day.
I am a BMW fan, had and have many, but this situation i am not willing to accept. Last week they said that my car had been built, and now they say that something else.

Very dissapointed
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #20
BMWbigFan
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2012

Quote:
Now i'm waiting for an answer until tomorrow from my dealer and BMW AG (as they promised me today) with a 100% delivery date. If it's overpassing the Othodox Easter (12th April), next week i will make the papers for refund and buy a S63 amg coupe and call it a day.
I am a BMW fan, had and have many, but this situation i am not willing to accept. Last week they said that my car had been built, and now they say that something else.

Very dissapointed
I'm also worried about my X5M, my dealer told me beginning of May but I don't have any proof... I asked for the serial or Vin but they have nothing

You will change for a S63amg instead of a X5M ?
Btw I love the S63amg, it's a good choice
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #21
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbigFan View Post
I'm also worried about my X5M, my dealer told me beginning of May but I don't have any proof... I asked for the serial or Vin but they have nothing

They can't offer a serial or VIN, or even confirm production date, until the vehicle actually goes into production and a VIN is assigned. Up until that it's all projection from the factory and guesswork from the dealer. If the dealer can't give you a production number, then they don't yet have allocation, so it's even more guesswork on their part.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #22
fyim
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbigFan
Quote:

Very dissapointed

I have on order an X6M, if i will ask for a refund, i will get the S63, i still have a bmw suv for family so i am ok. We shall see
Appreciate 0