E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Tuning Wastegate Rattle with AccessTuner Race?

03-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Tuning Wastegate Rattle with AccessTuner Race?

As we all know the JB4 has a couple menus that can help minimize the wastegate rattle. Can any of the calibrations available in "AccessTuner Race" be used to accomplish the same thing?

In looking through the user guide, one calibration that looks promising is the WGDC (Base) table. I'm curious if this table can be adjusted to minimize the wastegate rattle?

During normal cruising, deceleration, and light acceleration my WGDC stays within 13-16%.

Mine rattles when decelerating and during light acceleration, otherwise they are fine. I installed DP's last weekend and they really exacerbate the rattling, whereas the stock DPs help mask the rattle quite a bit. My turbos are fine, they were replaced by the dealer last year and only have about 6k miles on them. They rattled just as much as the 80k mile turbos that were removed.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

I think there's another table for wgdc off throttle, it allows you to force the wgs closed at low load/RPM occasions. That's usually when people hear rattle is decelerating off throttle
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I think there's another table for wgdc off throttle, it allows you to force the wgs closed at low load/RPM occasions. That's usually when people hear rattle is decelerating off throttle
Would this be the WGDC (Pre-control A) table?

I'm looking through my tune in ATR trying to figure out which ones match the WDGC I'm actually seeing during deceleration. None of them match. I'm guessing there are some multipliers that I'm not accounting for.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post

I'm looking through my tune in ATR trying to figure out which ones match the WDGC I'm actually seeing during deceleration. None of them match. I'm guessing there are some multipliers that I'm not accounting for.
Yep... pre-control
      03-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post

Let me know if you can come up with any solutions.

23 M3 Competition - Stock
Appreciate 0