BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

M3 suspension vs. E92 335ci

I know this is the M3 side, but I am not getting many responses on my end. Can anyone help out with the following? Much appreciated guys...

I am interested in Moton as my suspension upgrade. In particular the Clubsport series. When I contact Moton they said that they have the kit for the E92 M3 but that they don't have the necessary specs for the E92 335ci in this case to determine if their kit will work?

They are not sure if the suspension used on the E92 platform is the base for the M3 or if they are in any shape the same. If they were then they are confident that they can make the M3 kit work on our 335ci (sport or non-sport).

Is there's anyone here that can either confirm or deny that the 335i suspension geometry and specs are the base platform for the M3 please let me know

Moton is also checking with their contacts to confirm, hopefully someone with sure knowledge about both suspensions can chime in.

I am sure that the M3 suspension is definitely different in settings compared to ours, but if the parts are the same then the valving etc. can be reworked.

I have sport package on mine....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Suspension geometry including individual suspension components completely differ. Settings aren't the only thing different. Entire suspension is different...larger mount points, springs, reinforcements, arm sizes, bushings, etc.

I would wait until market sorts out design problems...ask me how i know...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
Suspension geometry including individual suspension components completely differ. Settings aren't the only thing different. Entire suspension is different...larger mount points, springs, reinforcements, arm sizes, bushings, etc.

I would wait until market sorts out design problems...ask me how i know...
so...how do you know?

I've read that the springs and front sway bar are the same for the 335 ZSP (sport suspension) and M3. Is this false?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
so...how do you know?

I've read that the springs and front sway bar are the same for the 335 ZSP (sport suspension) and M3. Is this false?
you've read wrong...

It is fairly common knowledge that the two share only the doors & trunk lid, and as far as suspension goes, just the lower longitudinal control arm encircled below:

BMW has published these facts in a few places...

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0