F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Repair Bodyshops in Manchester
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Should I just let RSA insurance take it to their own repairer?
RSA Repairer 0 0%
BMW Bodyshop 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

03-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
digitall.rebel
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 Saloon

Repair Bodyshops in Manchester

Hi everyone

Was hoping to hear people's experiences of BMW approved bodyshops in and around Manchester please.

Whilst parked in the car park someone savagely reversed into my beautiful F30. Luckily I happened to be walking back to the car as it happened so caught the guy in the act and exchanged insurance details.

I am insured with RSA who initially wanted me to use their 'Quality repair center' but I insisted that I want to take it to a BMW garage as the car is Mineral White which I imagine would be difficult to match. After much delay they agreed with the estimate provided by Williams Stockport bodyshop and the car is booked in for next week. However after hearing about how badly they messed up on snipnoob86 's car I am now very hesitant to take it to them.

Car needs bumper re-paint, new headlight and new fog light holder thing.

Could people please share their experiences (good and bad) of bodyshops around the area? I would really appreciate a recomendation of where to take the car. Also general advice on things to look out for.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #2
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Halliwell Jones in Wilmslow.

New rear bumper and matched EBII perfectly
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #3
JonD
Major
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe, M Sport

A will bring up one of snipnoob86 posts looking for the same information, few of us gave recommendations there.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
digitall.rebel
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Nick the Greek I shall give them a call tomorrow.

Jon I saw your recomendation of Hanstons the only issue is my argument with the insurance company for not using their garage was I wanted it done by BMW. Mind you seeing what williams stockport did makes me wonder if BMW shops are any different.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #5
JonD
Major
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe, M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.213 View Post

Jon I saw your recomendation of Hanstons the only issue is my argument with the insurance company for not using their garage was I wanted it done by BMW. Mind you seeing what williams stockport did makes me wonder if BMW shops are any different.
Ahhh I see, did you pick up that BMW dealers are actualy taking work to Hanstons? Whilst I was there two blokes for a BMW main agent dropped two cars off there for repair.

I also recomend Haliwell Jones in Handforth as per Nick, I've had work done there in the past which was spot on.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #6
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.213

bmw approved repair shop will continue your paint warranty/garauntee and anti corrosion garauntees. to keep this garauntee after a repair the car must be inspected by them *the bodyshop* annually for upto 12 years. im sure not all bmw repair shops would give the same quality of work that i recieved and i am hopefull for other customers that my car was one of those *yes we buggrred up* moments.

fact remains however those garauntees and warranties mean nothing if the job has not been done right initially the damage is alrdy done in my opinion. i am sure stockport williams will make good of what they have done.

try nicks recomendation in wilmslow, wish i had
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #7
digitall.rebel
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
Ahhh I see, did you pick up that BMW dealers are actualy taking work to Hanstons? Whilst I was there two blokes for a BMW main agent dropped two cars off there for repair.

I also recomend Haliwell Jones in Handforth as per Nick, I've had work done there in the past which was spot on.
Thanks I'll give them a call tomorrow I think. Now to talk to the insurance company to get the repair authorization process started all over again
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #8
digitall.rebel
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipnoob86 View Post
bmw approved repair shop will continue your paint warranty/garauntee and anti corrosion garauntees. to keep this garauntee after a repair the car must be inspected by them *the bodyshop* annually for upto 12 years. im sure not all bmw repair shops would give the same quality of work that i recieved and i am hopefull for other customers that my car was one of those *yes we buggrred up* moments.

fact remains however those garauntees and warranties mean nothing if the job has not been done right initially the damage is alrdy done in my opinion. i am sure stockport williams will make good of what they have done.

What baffles me is how obviously bad the work on your car is. It's not like a slight shade of colour mismatch which could arguably be missed on inspection. I am sure you will get it sorted eventually its just the hassle of going back again.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #9
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.213
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipnoob86 View Post

What baffles me is how obviously bad the work on your car is. It's not like a slight shade of colour mismatch which could arguably be missed on inspection. I am sure you will get it sorted eventually its just the hassle of going back again.
your right i hope it will get sorted anyway. i am becoming annoyed with myself banging on about it as im sure you guys are too lol. but when you throw 35k cash at a bmw dealer 4 weeks ago and then this. yes quite annoying.

a mildly sunny day today has revealed orange peal on the skirt and adjescent panels that have been *blended*. the cars paint work was virtually brand new why blend the damn thing and make it look worse!

ill shut up now and go hide in a corner untill tomorrow morning when quality control @ williams stockport will be torn a new a**hole.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #10
JB14
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 320D MSport EBII

Doesn't Williams stockport use Williams body shop place in Manchester by Trafford Park?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #11
TJB90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 - F30 - 330D - MSport

I'm pretty sure I saw your car parked up somewhere Friday afternoon... Either around Stockport or Oldham?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #12
digitall.rebel
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB14 View Post
Doesn't Williams stockport use Williams body shop place in Manchester by Trafford Park?
They have their own bodyshop in Stockport near junction 27
Appreciate 0