E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Teach me something.

04-10-2015, 04:50 AM   #1
jauloz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335 F01 750

Teach me something.

Hello All.
I'm planning to take on the spring polishing for the first time, since now I have a garage..finally.

I do have a few questions. Excuse me for not being a very good English reader, its my second language. Therefore I need some walk through. And...I have a AW e92.

I live up North in Canada and after the harsh winter, the whole car and the 3m film are filled with road grime and iron deposits, is there a product I should use that will work on both 3m and paint?

I'm planning to use Menzerna SF4000 for some light cutting and final polishing. However, I do not have an idea as for what to use for the paint correction part, and wax/sealant. Use Menzerna SF4000 all the way?

Also I might be looking into some nano coating, like Exo, any recommendations?

Overall my car got quite a bit of 3m/vinyl (I have a vinyl'd roof, 3m on whole front end, side skirt, rear quarter and trunk), do I just use regular wax/sealant on them? Or there is some product that are specifically for vinyl/3m?

Sorry for the long post. Please educate me :P
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
this is where you have to start http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/
Appreciate 0