THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes EBC Yellowstuff Brakes for M235i

04-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
EBC Yellowstuff Brakes for M235i

Good News Everyone!

EBC now makes M235i fitments for their Yellowstuff compound -- the front pads are part no. DP42130R and the rears are part no. DP42133R.

Finding the fronts is easy. However, the rears (currently) are very hard to find. EBC just got their first shipment in this past week, and I'm the first person in the US to order those pads for the M235i, so I had to have a company called perfectbrakes.com do a drop shipment and get the rears to me.

In case anyone is not familiar, Yellowstuffs are a pretty good solution for a hybrid street/track pad, if that's your kind of thing. I'm excited to try them out.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Surprised no one has commented on this. I like the yellowstuff and have used it on other cars on the past. Pretty decent lack of dust and good initial bite.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #3
Iceman51sn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKevin View Post
Surprised no one has commented on this. I like the yellowstuff and have used it on other cars on the past. Pretty decent lack of dust and good initial bite.
I know right! I've used them as well and can't wait to wear out the stock pads so I can get these bad boys on!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKevin View Post
Is the amount of dust they do make grey like other carbon pads? I have never used these before, always heard good things though.
      04-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

From memory it's a typical darkish grey color, definitely not excessive amounts though.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I'm just excited that they can be run on a track (supposedly), and then run on the street, without too much hassle. The rear pads just came in for me, still waiting on the fronts. If any one is interested, call perfectbrakes.com and ask for Opal and give her those part numbers. They'll hook you up.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

FWIW, I had a really bad experience with hybrid pads recently. Endless MX72's (which are supposedly very good hybrids). Apparently they couldn't cope with the temps they were seeing and they pad deposited two sets of rotors on me (in one track weekend). I would never consider another hybrid pad now. I now have new rotors and one track set and one street set. I swap before/after events and always bed the new pads well. The key is getting the pads/rotors up to temp and then highway driving without stopping to give the brakes time to cool back down. I wouldn't recommend bedding them at the track either, you really can't get sufficient cool-down time in.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
FWIW, I had a really bad experience with hybrid pads recently. Endless MX72's (which are supposedly very good hybrids). Apparently they couldn't cope with the temps they were seeing and they pad deposited two sets of rotors on me (in one track weekend). I would never consider another hybrid pad now. I now have new rotors and one track set and one street set. I swap before/after events and always bed the new pads well. The key is getting the pads/rotors up to temp and then highway driving without stopping to give the brakes time to cool back down. I wouldn't recommend bedding them at the track either, you really can't get sufficient cool-down time in.
I saw your post in another thread. That is a shame. Haven't had the same experience with the stock pads or the Porterfield R4-S.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #9
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
I saw your post in another thread. That is a shame. Haven't had the same experience with the stock pads or the Porterfield R4-S.
I hope you have a better experience than I did! Do report back and let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #10
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
I hope you have a better experience than I did! Do report back and let us know how it goes.
I'm probably going to wait for my Porterfields to burn themselves out before I switch. They're actually pretty damn good, so no need to waste. Dunno how many more track days/street miles they'll take before giving up the ghost.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

I have been running EBC Yellows for 2 years now. It's remarkable how well they work on track (I run advanced intermediate) with no fade ever- awesome modulation and great initial bite.

What's even crazier is that I was lazy and left them on this past winter. Even down under 10 degrees, they had as much initial bite as oem bmw pads. Blown away.

I have a fresh set of front and rears that will be going on soon. I was running oem pads on the rear so I am pumped to track it.

From what its worth, My car is prob the same weight as a 235i, and I put the bigger 335i 13.7" fronts on my car (the rears were the same)

If you use your stock rims on the street, be glad the 235i comes with dark gray wheels. These are pretty dust pads, but not awful.

Last edited by StealYourFace; 04-16-2015 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #12
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
I have been running EBC Yellows for 2 years now. It's remarkable how well they work on track (I run advanced intermediate) with no fade ever- awesome modulation and great initial bite.

What's even crazier is that I was lazy and left them on this past winter. Even down under 10 degrees, they had as much initial bite as oem bmw pads. Blown away.

I have a fresh set of front and rears that will be going on soon. I was running oem pads on the rear so I am pumped to track it.

From what its worth, My car is prob the same weight as a 235i, and I put the bigger 335i 13.7" fronts on my car (the rears were the same)

If you use your stock rims on the street, be glad the 235i comes with dark gray wheels. These are pretty dust pads, but not awful.
Yeah, that's what I've heard. Excited to put them on when my Porterfields bite the dust.
Appreciate 0