ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Epiks48@aol.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: '07 3.0si

Basslink Install?? Is it possible??

I just got my '07 3.0si, and I have been having a difficult time trying to hook up my basslink. I have the upgraded sound, the amp has been moved to a different place, which is unknown to get to. Also I have heard that the Carver sound is using some type of fiber optic, or some digital feed to the amp. Anyone have any ideas or solutions to help me get this installed?

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Of course its possible. Your amp is behind the trunk wall carpet toward the cabin side, just on the passenger side of the middle. The premium sound uses a digital coaxial signal to from the HU to the amp, but the basslink takes speaker level inputs, so just grab a signal from the amp's speaker line outs and put that into the basslink. I'd recommend grabbing the front woofer, not the carver woofer's input.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Epiks48@aol.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: '07 3.0si

Alright thanks for the help, but where and how would you get acess to the amp? I have already pulled the carver sub and ran the speaker line from that sub to the basslynk. It works but as soon as you turn up the volume the basslynk cancels out.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Pull out your trunk carpeting, you'll see everything. This will help with the pinouts: http://users.telenet.be/AcousticSolu...eb/carhifi.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

There is one carpet screw/nut on each side of the back wall of the trunk. You need to hold it from behind and turn the screw (found a quarter works best) with both removed the carpet will come out and you will see a large metallic rectangle with fins, held in by velcro strapping.
Appreciate 0