BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #1
Aussiepic
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 GC

F85/F86 Owners manuals

If you are like me, the lack of information about these new cars has been killing us. The BMWA website still has no brochure or owners manual posted. Fortunately there is an electronic version of the manual on a BMW app for the Apple IOS (perhaps it's also available on Android, etc. but I wouldn't know)

If you down load the "BMW Driver's Guide" App from the Apple Apps Store (free), plug in the last 7 of your VIN (which you will have the moment your car goes into production) and then down load your X5/6M manual.

Something more for us to obsess over before our beasts arrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

I discovered this a few weeks back. It seems they are periodically updating those, as well. A few weeks after installing it on my iPad, I did it on my iPhone, and it was a much more fleshed-out manual. When I deleted the version on my iPad, and reinstalled, it too, was more fleshed-out than the one I had deleted.

Loved being able to read about the vehicle before I fly to SC on May 12th to pick it up. It's a great find!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
I discovered this a few weeks back. It seems they are periodically updating those, as well. A few weeks after installing it on my iPad, I did it on my iPhone, and it was a much more fleshed-out manual. When I deleted the version on my iPad, and reinstalled, it too, was more fleshed-out than the one I had deleted.

Loved being able to read about the vehicle before I fly to SC on May 12th to pick it up. It's a great find!
How can I when BMW won't post the manual online for my 2017 X5M?
      11-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
ajob
Lieutenant
Monaco
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Look also at the "Stickies" section of this forum.

The printable pdf document "F86/86 Product training..." has a lot of very interesting information not available in the user manual.

It highlights how different are the F85/86 compared to the stock F15/16.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
JohnG123
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

I thought everything is on the Idrive in the car. ??????
Appreciate 0