THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Lease pullahead program available in Canada?

05-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
deepdeepblue
Rep
Drives: 2011 328 xDrive

Lease pullahead program available in Canada?

The lease on my 2011 328 ends in January 2016, and I have been thinking about getting into an M235. I have seen in some forums that BMW offers a lease pullahead program, whereby they take care of the outstanding lease payments if there are 6 months or less remaining on the lease. I've thought about putting in an order for an M235 now, waiting until July or so when the vehicle arrives, and then returning my 328 under the lease pullahead program when I'm within that 6-month period.

One dealer in the GTA has told me that BMW does not currently offer the lease pullahead program, and a couple of other dealers have not responded to my email inquiries at all.

Can anyone here confirm whether or not the lease pullahead program is available in Canada?

Last edited by deepdeepblue; 06-21-2015 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I'm not in Canada, but I can speak for how I believe this works in the US. From your responses and lack of, it may be the same. The dealerships can offer a pull-ahead if they want your car - they negotiate to pay off the car and figure they can make more on it in the used car market.

BMW FS also has a pull-ahead that they offer periodically, but it may last a month, a few months, sometimes up to six months, though not every car is part of the program. Sometimes they're looking to bring in a lot of two year old sedan 3 and 5 series cars, sometimes they cast a wider net. It varies.

Lastly, even though BMWFS is offering the pull-ahead in certain cases, it is still a customer-dealer transaction. The difference is that BMWFS is saying they are willing to reduce the payout for the car, so the dealer can buy it. But if your car is not worth it to the dealer, at what BMWFS is offering, then no deal.

In other words, the existence of the pull-ahead program does not guarantee your car will qualify. A 2011 ending lease in early 2016 is a very long lease, and I'd imagine most dealers are hoping to get a sexy 2 year old, low mileage vehicle on their lot. I would not put my money on a pull-ahead being available when your ordered vehicle comes in.
      06-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #3
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

The real answer is both Yes & No

We did have a 3 series pull ahead programme running for much of 2014. BMW monitors the market and tries to innovate programmes to stay one step ahead. Whilst pull ahead is gone right now a 0.75% rate reduction is in place. Sometimes they offer loyalty cash!

Not sure where you are in the city, but if you want out of the 328 and into an M235i (or XDrive) PM me and ill forward you my contact details for work.

PS - I work at Endras BMW in Ajax, about 20/25mins on the 401 from the top of the DVP
Appreciate 0