THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning All Quiet from the Tuners

07-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
All Quiet from the Tuners

Is it just me or has all the tuners become silent recently. We had lots of activity when the ecu was first hacked, now it's dead silent. I can't even get a return email from GSR or Enzo.

Makes me wonder about the service level after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
2msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
Is it just me or has all the tuners become silent recently. We had lots of activity when the ecu was first hacked, now it's dead silent. I can't even get a return email from GSR or Enzo.

The guys at GSR are great. Extremely helpful but they are very busy with many projects of all different types of cars. At least from what I could tell. Try giving them a call and they should get back to you. I think their emails gets buried from time to time. They are doing great work and although they might not be able to always have instant responses, they do value your questions. Think of it as a popular local shop. They only have so much time in the day. But their product is spot on and worth the wait.

Speaking from experience, I had a small one time (so far) hiccup that may or may not be related to the tune. As of right now I really don't think it is because it's occurred with other people's stock cars, and they are basically bending over backwards to try and figure out what happened. Backing their product and going above and beyond.

Last edited by 2msport; 07-20-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 12:36 AM   #3
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:

Had my 235 tuned by Enzo and the customer service was phenomenal. I suggest you try calling them rather than emailing.
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Thats how forums are. For no reason you get a week where all threads are about tuner wars, then everyone is back to being friends and all is quiet

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
e46m3lol
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 FBO, E70 X5D, W204 C63 FBO

The guys over at GSR have kept in contact with me via text every so often in regards to my blown motor and how the whole engine rebuild process is going even though I don't even have their tune. More than likely I will be getting their most conservative tune they offer for the 228i as I will no longer be pushing my car as hard as I did in the past.

Terry over at BMS was great too and always replied to my emails quickly and I have no complaints about that. Yes my motor blew while I had the JB4 installed but I have nobody to blame but myself for pushing the car past its limits... gotta pay to play right?
Appreciate 5
      07-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Had my 235 tuned by Enzo and the customer service was phenomenal. I suggest you try calling them rather than emailing.
I have, no return calls...same way with GSR. Hence the topic of the thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #7
tencazzo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3lol View Post
The guys over at GSR have kept in contact with me via text every so often in regards to my blown motor and how the whole engine rebuild process is going even though I don't even have their tune. More than likely I will be getting their most conservative tune they offer for the 228i as I will no longer be pushing my car as hard as I did in the past.

Terry over at BMS was great too and always replied to my emails quickly and I have no complaints about that. Yes my motor blew while I had the JB4 installed but I have nobody to blame but myself for pushing the car past its limits... gotta pay to play right?
What tune can you name as conservative in this case? No software at all?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
I have, no return calls...same way with GSR. Hence the topic of the thread.
I'm sorry to hear that, maybe the tuners are busy being flooded by local customers? I've interacted with Enzo via email and phone and had no issues getting in touch. Not only is their product phenomenal but I was pleasantly surprised by the exceptional customer service.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, maybe the tuners are busy being flooded by local customers? I've interacted with Enzo via email and phone and had no issues getting in touch. Not only is their product phenomenal but I was pleasantly surprised by the exceptional customer service.
That would be a pleasant surprise for me. Maybe I'm the 1% that is just calling at the wrong time.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Just got off the phone with Chris @ Enzo. They are wrapping up the N55 stuff right now and will be coming out with a group purchase price shortly.

It was nice talking to him, extremely polite and knowledgeable.
Appreciate 1