E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > just bit the bullet- ordered coilovers

07-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
ismellrice
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

just bit the bullet- ordered coilovers

so today i finally ordered my first set of coils
im not an autox'er or hardcore racer i just want to replace my old worn out shocks/struts with something new and lower the car at the same time..
i ordered the cheapest setup i could find i dunno if the seller is a sponsor but its ECS tuning and the coilovers are the Streetline brand which has some pretty decent reviews online nothing negative that i saw...
for less than 450$ i lets see what they ride like..
ill post pics when they show up and during install this weekend depending on when they show up
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismellrice View Post
im not an autox'er or hardcore racer i just want to replace my old worn out shocks/struts with something new and lower the car at the same time..
i ordered the cheapest setup i could find i dunno if the seller is a sponsor but its ECS tuning and the coilovers are the Streetline brand which has some pretty decent reviews online nothing negative that i saw...
ill post pics when they show up and during install this weekend depending on when they show up
They arr FK streetlines. I had them, they are ok, just bouncy was my only drawback to them
      08-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't understand why people order such cheap coilovers. They will make your car ride like shit.

$450 for coilovers? That is half the cost of a damper for one corner of my car. That is what my camber plates cost.

It is literally impossible to manufacture a good suspension for $450. The suspension is the most important part of your car. At least get KW V1 or something.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
pa2014
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335 x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismellrice View Post
i too have to replace shock/struts for the front right. dumb question, but does installing coil take care of everything?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #5
ismellrice
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I don't understand why people order such cheap coilovers. They will make your car ride like shit.

$450 for coilovers? That is half the cost of a damper for one corner of my car. That is what my camber plates cost.

It is literally impossible to manufacture a good suspension for $450. The suspension is the most important part of your car. At least get KW V1 or something.
i was in a gm car for the past 6-7 years lol i dont think ill be worried about suspension feeling like crap..
on my previous transam i had the cheapest suspension products available never went with $500 adjustable lower control arms when the $100 c.a. do the same thing...
im not going to be throwing the car in the leman 24 anytime soon