E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Upgrading my suspension and need some advice

08-02-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Aced16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Upgrading my suspension and need some advice

Hello All,
I have a blown shock and decided now would be the time for some upgrade. I have a e92 on sport suspension, and am looking for something that will level the car out, and make it a little more responsive. I just picked up m3 front arms and whiteline inserts for the sub frame and now looking to get a set of springs and shocks. I dont track the car, just want something that makes cornering a little sharper, and lowers the FRONT to line up with he rear. Not looking for a crazy drop!

I am looking at Koni Yellows and a set of swift r springsd or HR springs. Thoughts? Also should I replace anything else while I in there? Car has 60k

Thank you
      08-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced16 View Post
Hello All,
I have a blown shock and decided now would be the time for some upgrade. I have a e92 on sport suspension, and am looking for something that will level the car out, and make it a little more responsive. I just picked up m3 front arms and whiteline inserts for the sub frame and now looking to get a set of springs and shocks. I dont track the car, just want something that makes cornering a little sharper, and lowers the FRONT to line up with he rear. Not looking for a crazy drop!

I am looking at Koni Yellows and a set of swift r springsd or HR springs. Thoughts? Also should I replace anything else while I in there? Car has 60k

Thank you
Koni Yellow + HR Sports are a fantastic combo. I have them and I love the ride height, it's perfect.

You mention subframe bushings - how about the diff bushings?\

Upgraded tires yet from the run flats? Pilot Super Sports are a tire I would take a bullet for. Or nail.
      08-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #3
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post
Koni Yellow + HR Sports are a fantastic combo. I have them and I love the ride height, it's perfect.

You mention subframe bushings - how about the diff bushings?\

Upgraded tires yet from the run flats? Pilot Super Sports are a tire I would take a bullet for. Or nail.

Koni FSD + Eibach Springs are a fantastic combo. I have them and I love the ride height, it's perfect.

You mention subframe bushings - how about the diff bushings?

2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
Koni FSD + Eibach Springs are a fantastic combo. I have them and I love the ride height, it's perfect.

You mention subframe bushings - how about the diff bushings?

You know.. This actually confused the piss out of me for a second this morning. I was thinking "wait, I thought I had H&R springs.."

Then, I seent what you did there.
      08-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #5
Tom Droze
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post
You know.. This actually confused the piss out of me for a second this morning. I was thinking "wait, I thought I had H&R springs.."

Then, I seent what you did there.
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Subframe bushing make a big difference (what I've read numerous times) but there difficult to install do to the labor involved. I'm thinking about trying the Whiteline inserts since I'm on tight budget.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
Tom Droze
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarronbwall View Post
Subframe bushing make a big difference (what I've read numerous times) but there difficult to install do to the labor involved. I'm thinking about trying the Whiteline inserts since I'm on tight budget.
Given the cost and the ease of install, there is a lot of bang for the buck with subframe bushing inserts. They will make a noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
Jaronbwall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Given the cost and the ease of install, there is a lot of bang for the buck with subframe bushing inserts. They will make a noticeable difference.
Have you installed them before? I'm fairly mechanical and have a good amount of tools.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
Tom Droze
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarronbwall View Post
Have you installed them before? I'm fairly mechanical and have a good amount of tools.
Yes, I installed mine and they do come with installation directions, plus I found some online, which were helpful. The installation took about 1 1/2 hours. You will need a floor jack to support the differential / subframe and the rear portion of the exhaust will have to be removed or lowered. Once you remove the four subframe bolts, lower the subframe with the floor jack and it should drop down about three inches or so, which is enough room to install the inserts. After the install and after driving for a few days, you should check the torque on the four subframe bolts.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
Jaronbwall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I installed mine and they do come with installation directions, plus I found some online, which were helpful. The installation took about 1 1/2 hours. You will need a floor jack to support the differential / subframe and the rear portion of the exhaust will have to be removed or lowered. Once you remove the four subframe bolts, lower the subframe with the floor jack and it should drop down about three inches or so, which is enough room to install the inserts. After the install and after driving for a few days, you should check the torque on the four subframe bolts.
Nice man! So basically you suspend the subframe about 3'', insert the bushings, and reconnect subframe bolts. Sounds pretty simple. Thanks for the information. I just noticed all your suspension mods...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #11
Nicky92
Fastest 335 on Earth
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Koni yellows and H&R Sports.

amazing.
E92 335i, 6MT- YouWish Single turbo, Precision 6466, Doc Race intake manifold w/port injection, Precision Raceworks coil packs and Stage 3 lpfp, 3.46 geared Mfactory LSD, VRSF 3.5" single exhaust, Toyo R888Rs, Spec Stage 3+ clutch, DSS axles, RTD shifter, Motiv, boost box and flex fuel, WOTBOX, MOTIV tuned...and much more
Appreciate 0