E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear Brakes shake when I let go of gas

08-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Newbtune
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i N54 sport package

Question Rear Brakes shake when I let go of gas

Ok ok. It may be an oversight, I did not see anything here yet for this particular issue or else I wouldn’t be asking. It is importation to note that I could just be tripping; I tend to listen and inspect my cars intensely after I work on them.

Car (08 335i sport package)

(Parts used: Akebono Ceramic Pads F/R, Zimmerman Z-Coated Rotors F/R, After Market Sensors F/R, and CRC Brake Quite F/R)

So I changed the front pads and rotors as well as sensors, that was a PITA more then I expected because the rotors were baked on and the brake kit was bigger then other e90's I have seen through research, should have figured the N54 would need more stopping power. So then I moved onto the rears. Wheel off, parking brake off, clip off, caliper guide pins out, caliper compressed, caliper removed and stored, caliper frame thingy with two 16 mm bolts removed, rotor retaining screw removed. Now the hard part removing the caked on rotor. After an hour of whacking it with a rubber mallet (on hat only) and dousing it in PB blaster it came off. Replaced all components and put wheel back on. Pumped brakes, test-drive, brakes making grinding noise normal for Zimmerman rotors getting coating off. But the most interesting part is when I accelerate no issues, but when I let go of the gas the back wheels vibrate and shake sounds like two flat tires, also makes squeaking noise, don’t know if the coating from the rotors is building inside the pads or if its something else. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be did I F*** this up???
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
TheBigYahi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Could you have damaged/dislodged the parking brake shoes when you were smacking it? One of mine popped off one of it's pivot points and took me a long time to diagnose since it looks so close to correct.
Appreciate 0