Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

08-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Window Tinting

Wondering what product you all got? Looking at Suntek CXP but the net believes llumnar F1 precision and 3M Crystalline or Madico and others are better.
I don't care about look, care about function, specifically optical clarity, glare reduction and heat reduction. With the standard 'sun protection glazing' in the M3, is the choice between all the above a much of a muchness??
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
toocute
Sleeping
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I've had/owned cars with Suntek CXP, 3M CS, 3M Crystalline and Huper Optik. I know that the films can be quite different in terms of their specs, but to be honest, these are great films and you won't really go too wrong with either of the ones you have mentioned (plus different installer will have their installation experience/bias/price).

Personally, these all will perform well, the main difference would be color - e.g. Suntek film are in the greener hue whereas 3M CS is the blue side of things. White/lighter cars generally look nicer with darker/blue hue in the tint.

Look around locally see what is available and the pricings, checkout the sample in person - best easiest way!

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool, getting Silverstone, will go check out some tints this weekend then. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocute View Post
I've had/owned cars with Suntek CXP, 3M CS, 3M Crystalline and Huper Optik. I know that the films can be quite different in terms of their specs, but to be honest, these are great films and you won't really go too wrong with either of the ones you have mentioned (plus different installer will have their installation experience/bias/price).

Personally, these all will perform well, the main difference would be color - e.g. Suntek film are in the greener hue whereas 3M CS is the blue side of things. White/lighter cars generally look nicer with darker/blue hue in the tint.

Look around locally see what is available and the pricings, checkout the sample in person - best easiest way!

Good luck
Appreciate 0