E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > guys with uninstalled coilovers: help me out with a measurement!

08-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
diputs
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e93

guys with uninstalled coilovers: help me out with a measurement!

New to the E9x community. Due to monster curb/steep driveway entrance at my house, I had air cups on my E46 with BCs. Now have an E93 and would like to consider switching coils to H&R, Bilstein PSS, KW V1/V2, or ST and possibly re-fitting aircups, but would need to be same front strut shaft diameter as my BCs.

Can somebody with a set of non-BC coils laying around measure the diameter of the front strut piston shaft where if goes into the strut for me? (doesn't have to be a set for an E93--any non-XI E9x would be helpful)

If you don't have a set of calipers for an accurate diameter, using a strip of paper to mark/measure a circumference would be great (20 mm diameter = 62 mm circumference!).

I think most of these struts are in the 20-22.5 mm range--maybe larger.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
I have a Sachs coilover kit sitting in the garage, but I don't think they're the standard piston shafts as they are more like the bilstein setup with the big thick piston and built in bumpstops. I can give you the measurement if you'd like still?
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0