THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing First track day with the m235i

08-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

First track day with the m235i

Thanks to Liquidpaper providing a few tips on the suspension part of the car.

Went to Streets of Willow CCW config. with Extreme Speed Track Events (which is not recommended - more about it later).

Having 6 track days all from this track with CW config. with Evo 8 and S2000 before, I am quite familiar with the track but in different direction. The car is bone stock except for the alignment in stock suspension.

The car is quite impressive in stock form including the brakes (no spongy feeling under 98F weather with 5 sessions). The ZF8 upshifts with no issues. Downshifts can be just a bit laggy at times, but it is not too bad at all.

Ran 1:37 with CCW config. No overheating issue under this type of weather and driving condition. Good job BMW.

Planning to run Laguna Seca in November and will install ss brake lines for it.

Driving with DSC and TC off is the way to go on track with this car

Onto the track organizer (Extreme Speed Track Event), it is very disappointed that they would rather tell me going into hotpit to wait it out instead of telling the guy who clogged up traffic in the front doing a point-by when I complained. It was a red Ford GT.

By the way, does it really cost $20 for the numbering sticker to be put on the side of the door (they claimed that it is the track's requirement)? It is such a ripoff and we did not feel good about it. Charging for it is okay, but for $20?

Enough ranting. Looking forward to the next track day with the car at Laguna.

See you all out there
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Counting down the km's until the car is run in (currently 1450, nearly there) so I can plan my first track outing in this car. Thanks for the rundown, good to know the car is up to the task out of the factory.

I hear a lot of talk about how pushy the nose is, how did you find it? That can be caused by driving technique so I am not convinced until I drive the car.
Appreciate 0