E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 (2005) 320D fault codes - problems fixing them

09-14-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
DervJim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91 330D Touring

E90 (2005) 320D fault codes - problems fixing them

Hi guys

I hope this is the correct section to post in about these issues - sincere apologies if I should have put it elsewhere!

I have 2 faults that I could use a little help with on my 2005 E90 320D if possible.
I can't afford to take the car to anyone to do this stuff for me as I'm having to spend a load on my other car which has left me very skint for quite some time.

Fault 1) Window error:

Occasionally I get an error with the driver door window. I get the warning bing, then the wondow only moves in increments. Anti trap error I believe, and I've always been able to reset this easily by holding the switch.
But the other week, I got the warning bing sound and the rear passenger window then stopped working completely. It wasn't being used at the time either, which seems a bit odd. Fortunately this happened while it was fully up!
I can live without a rear window working for now, but I get the warning sound and dash symbol roughly every 10 seconds since, so it's getting a bit annoying now!!

I have bought an OBD cable and INPA tells me this:
00 JBBF A72C 68
0xA72C hallsensor1_fh_bf_hinten

00 JBBF A72D 68
0xA72D hallsensor2_fh_bf_hinten

So is this is two different sensors in the same door? I think I read that they're part of the window motor, so I guess you can't replace the sensor by itself? But can the sensor be cleaned or something like that? Seems odd that it failed while not being used.

If nothing else, is there a way to tell it to ignore this error? Like if I unplug the wiring for that door's motor will it stop the constant error alerts until I can afford a motor/sensor?

Fault 2) Screen wash/wipe failure:

This stopped working a short time ago. I'm sure when I initially tried it the wipers still did their 3 wipes (or however many it does), but then progressing to nothing at all happening when I pull the wash/wipe stalk. So no spray happening, and no wipe. There's no pump noise, and I've checked the nozzles aren't blocked.

I've checked what I believe are the correct fuses for this, and they're fine.
There is no error coming up for this on the dash, just nothing happening at all.

Doesn't appear to be an error in INPA for this either. I got excited to find a water pump related error in there, thinking it was due to this fault, but then found that the "auxiliary waterpump" (error code A6D1) relates to the heater system (to keep heat circulating correctly with the engine off), and is not the screen washer pump.

BUT the wipers work absolutely fine in normal mode. I.e. it rains and I switch them on, and they're fine, but pull the stalk in to use the screen wash and no wipers, no washers.
This suggests to me that it's not a failed washer pump necessarily as some people have had, as the wipers don't move either, so possibly something higher up the chain where the two mechanisms just aren't receiving the signal or power to operate, if that makes sense?

I would think that it is just a blown fuse somewhere but like I say, they seemed fine, unless there are others I've missed....

Really appreciate any assistance with either of these as they're pretty annoying faults but I can't afford to pay to have them fixed.

I'm happy doing my own repairs and taking things apart to fix etc, but am not familiar really with fancy modern diagnostic stuff and with beemer faults in general other than resetting service lights etc.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
This is a coding sub forum, so you'll probably have more success posting in the maintenance forum.
Appreciate 0