ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Papsy
ZZZZ
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.0i

Michelin Pilot Sport: ZP (run-flat) or not???

I'll uprgrade my Z4 wheels & tires in the spring, still hesitating between 18" M6 or CSL, and Michelin Pilot Sport tires.

For the moment, I'm expiriencing a lot of tramlining with the Bridgstone run-flats.

Anybody experience on the Michelin "ZP" run-flats? Do these tires also have a lot of tramlining?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
GVfB
Rep
Drives: E85

I ditched the RFTs on my zzzz on day one... did the same on the g/f's Mini Cooper (17" Michelin Euforia). IMHO, RFTs are evil

PS: tho the M6 wheel is pretty nice, you are almost gonna have to go with a replica to make it fit... OR if you are a hardcore driver, go for the real deal... that ET 12 on front is a real challenge.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
jgorman13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i, 2008 C300 Sport

ughhh run-flats are the worst thing to happen to BMW. I'll take my chances with a flat, even in NYC, but after these tires are worn, there is no way I am getting any kind of run-flat tire ever again. Get Mich PS2s.

I was also deciding between those wheels, and chose to actually go for the Z4M wheels instead, and now im just waiting on the right deal. But I think the CSLs are a better look for the car. A lot of people seem to like the M6s though.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I've heard good things about the Michelin runflat tires so I were in the market I would buy them. There are also other brands that carry RFT so perhaps you should check them out.
Appreciate 0