E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Auto Wiper Sensitivity

09-22-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
jayooo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M Sport

Auto Wiper Sensitivity

Hi all,

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto wipers on an E90 LCI (excluding the adjustable switch on the stalk on the right)?

My auto wipers are far too sensitive in 99% of situations, I have the stalk on lowest sensitivity, and even in the lightest drizzle it takes 5-10 seconds before my wipers enter a wiping fit at full speed and I have to turn them off, to the point where the function is essentially useless to me.

I have cleaned the windscreen fully to remove any potential wax filming etc, and I have read about recalibrating with INPA, which I can try, but this seems to be more if the sensitivity is too low, cant seem to find many people complaining about them being over sensitive!

The car had a new windscreen in Jan at the dealer when I bought it, perhaps this has had an impact?

Thanks

James
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Do the initialize thingy with INPA. Especially since you had the windscreen replaced.

About changing the sensitivity, that might be a challenge.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Mine is the exact opposite, and I've wondered if there is a coding fix. I have it on the highest sensitivity and they don't swipe often enough. No rain-x or wax on the windshield. I have no idea if the glass is original, but it is BMW brand so it may be.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents View Post
Mine is the exact opposite, and I've wondered if there is a coding fix. I have it on the highest sensitivity and they don't swipe often enough. No rain-x or wax on the windshield. I have no idea if the glass is original, but it is BMW brand so it may be.

Recalibrate the sensor. I had the same issues. After recalibration I almost always use the lowest setting.

I used Rheingold for the calibration.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
jayooo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M Sport

Only just seen these replies guys, thanks all for your help!

Will try the INPA calibration thingy tomorrow and wait until it rains again to test...
Appreciate 0