R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

09-29-2015, 02:56 AM   #1
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Gyeon Quartz Paint Protection Systems

On Saturday I sent my wife to do a Car Care Products Detailing Clinic here in Brisbane which was held by this nice people:
(https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...linic_brisbane)

We now learned more about paints and how to properly detail a car using the product everyone talks about
Quote:
Gyeon Quartz Paint Protection Systems
I was a bit sceptical at first especially since most dealers charge you about $3000.00 to have done as part of some protection package.

Well, $400.00 in products and some hard labour I can say the clinic was well worth it. We spent 2 days completing the job which included washing, claying, polishing, preparing for the quartz coating etc... Once the job was done and the coating has cured the results are just astonishing, a must do for any M car owner out there
I know it's a bit time consuming but this product last up to 2 years once applied properly and you never need to polish or wax the car in this time at all, it's also a lot easier to clean the car during the 2 years

Some shots after the product has cured:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
m4chievous
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

That's amazing, great work! It's a lot of work though, and one that I do not have the patience to carry out myself. I would send mine to Final Inspection if I ever need anything like that done! Detailing is for professionals, not me.

Btw a friend of mine in Kuala Lumpur owns the best detailing boutique in the Southern Hemisphere if not the world, and it blows my mind what they do the perfect a car that comes new from the factory. For example, the last time I was there, he has two brand new Speciale with panels stripped off, being prepared for proper painting of the undersides and realigning panels which are so irregular that it would be a shame on a Hyundai. He said some of the worst quality he has seen are the limited edition Ferraris. The car then get the proper protection depending on the thickness of the paint on each panel etc. Amazing stuff.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

i'm a hobbiest detailer so do enjoy these posts, but even certain paint types and (lack of) thickness levels i still have to admit are beyond my skill level

just had Dan's Garage in Melbourne correct the slr, paint thickness was in the 30-40's, so this was a job for someone with the skill level and patience to slowly work through the correction

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...ollar-supercar

coatings are the way to go imo, there are plenty to choose from these days, almost as many as traditional waxes, so you can definitely find one that is easy to use for the diy'er. plus you can still layer your favourite wax over the top whenever mood takes
Appreciate 0