E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > How to use flat steel knob to adjust Koni fronts

09-29-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
bavaddict
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435i MPerf Edit

How to use flat steel knob to adjust Koni fronts

Hello All:

This is a topic I was certain someone would have brought up, but search came up dry, hence this post.

How are you guys adjusting the front Koni yellows *without* removing the strut brace that is on top of the shock tower? Someone mentioned that using the flat steel knob it can be done *without* removing the brace, but I can't figure out how.

This is the knob I am referring to:

It seems that there almost no room to maneuver anything in there regardless of which knob you use.

Any advise will be appreciated from those who are adjusting without taking the brace off.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

I use the stock plastic tool that came with the kit. They come in 3 sizes. The middle works just fine. I bought a set in 2008 and another one in 2012 and both came with 3 knobs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0