THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Broken rear light fixture!

10-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Broken rear light fixture!

Hey guys yesterday i was at my dealer to replace the oil with a new one after the break in period at a lack of time really. And also left it there for them to check out my broken rear tail light glass. So they told me after i picked it up that the models early 2015 and almost all 2014 are effected by this. They won't do a recall on it cause it is still strong and probably won't break. But when they do they are replacing them at BMWs cost due to the material used in them being weak or something i'm not sure cause he talked about other stuff too.

So watch for early signs of cracks in your rear tail lights and get them replaced at your dealer and if they say that it is your own fault make sure to stand tall and tell them it isn't and its there BMW for using weaker material then they were suppose to. For me i am getting a replacement week 42 they will not be replacing both cause they say they wont do it until the other breaks so. None the less i am glad that they did take responsibility for it and will replace the second one free of charge in the future when it breaks or if it breaks.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
Ian_Mark
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '14 228i MSport

Garage List
2014 BMW 228i  [0.00]
2005 Subaru Sti  [0.00]
oh wow. I definitely need to check mine when I get back into it. I know on my left tail light condensation still builds up
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #3
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Mark View Post
oh wow. I definitely need to check mine when I get back into it. I know on my left tail light condensation still builds up
Check it as soon as possible. Just so you don't get some electrical failure even though there are hedging that kills the power to that source specific but its not fun when it happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
So now my light is fixed and also i immediately got a new appointment from BMW for the other one due to that one containing smaller cracks that were about to develop to bigger ones so that very nice of them to spot it order the new light and hook me up with a new time that fast.

Great service Thumbs up for my dealer

/// So another reminder check your lights for cracks and go to your dealer order new light fixture and you should be set :-)

Last edited by Nahlem; 10-14-2015 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Thank you for the post. No word of this at my dealer here in Germany. I looked my lenses over this morning. Perfect so far at 28000km. I certainly will monitor.
Appreciate 0