ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

10-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Tobes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 M4 SO/BL

Jumping back into the pool

Been gone for way too long and feel the need to get back to the M family. Had both a 1999 E36 and a 2002 E46 that were both Titanium Silver. Hated to see each one of them go. Looking to jump back in with a F83 although not sure on timing quite yet. I am thinking that next spring may be the time. While the E36 was picked up in Europe, I did not do the same for the E46. Really thinking about the ED on this one as well. The forum has been a great source of information to get ready for this. The color combo I am looking at this time is the Tanzanite Blue with the Amaro interior. Has anyone seen these in person? Would be nice to see each of these before committing to it. I chickened out last couple of times and ended up with silver/black.

Seems that there are plenty of dealerships to pick from in the DC area. With the "non-normal" colors, how far in advance do you all think I need to commit to get an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobes
Been gone for way too long and feel the need to get back to the M family. Had both a 1999 E36 and a 2002 E46 that were both Titanium Silver. Hated to see each one of them go. Looking to jump back in with a F83 although not sure on timing quite yet. I am thinking that next spring may be the time. While the E36 was picked up in Europe, I did not do the same for the E46. Really thinking about the ED on this one as well. The forum has been a great source of information to get ready for this. The color combo I am looking at this time is the Tanzanite Blue with the Amaro interior. Has anyone seen these in person? Would be nice to see each of these before committing to it. I chickened out last couple of times and ended up with silver/black.

Seems that there are plenty of dealerships to pick from in the DC area. With the "non-normal" colors, how far in advance do you all think I need to commit to get an allocation?
Someone on the forum got tanzanite blue and Amaro brown. Let me see if I can find it.

Fwiw, someone got San Marino Blue and Amaro Brown as well.
      10-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

Closest thing I could find.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1138869
      02-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
Tobes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fully back in the club again. Its been too long. Ended up impatient enough that I will have to wait until the next time to do ED. All the individual accounts about this make me really want to do that in the future though. I did take delivery of my first M3 in Germany back in 1999, but due to the military sales program, they would not let me pick it up at the Welt...so that experience is still on my list of things I have to do.

Found a Sakhir Orange M4 and knew immediately that it was ok to move away from the "safe" silver color that my last two M3s were. Now the fun will begin with what "needs" to be done to it. Good time to get the F83 before the weather warms up just a little bit more, making it harder to negotiate a good price
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
tetsuo
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Congrats and welcome back! Good call on the SO. In pictures, I thought it looked OK, but once I saw it in person... wow. It's one of those colors where you need to see it first hand to watch how light plays off the deep metallic effect. Just gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #6
Tobes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post

Congrats and welcome back! Good call on the SO. In pictures, I thought it looked OK, but once I saw it in person... wow. It's one of those colors where you need to see it first hand to watch how light plays off the deep metallic effect. Just gorgeous.
It's great to be back. Finally got a chance to give her a bath today. Not really warm enough, but had to get the remaining salt off of her after the rains last week. Reflectors came in today as well, so I will get those removed and replaced tomorrow if it gets up to 60 as expected.
Attached Images

02-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #7
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

wow. looks amazing in the sun. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #8
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Congrats on the car!