E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilovers with no rear drop?

10-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Coilovers with no rear drop?

I was looking to get a set of coilovers that will allow the rears to sit at stock height. Currently I have the oem e92 sport suspension with 285/30/19's and I can't go lower in the back. I would like to go lower in the front. It seems like all the sets I've seen drop the rear by at least .25-.50 inches according to their specs. Would replacement springs, shocks and the addition of front lowering perches be a better route?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

First, I would try Supreme Power Lowering Perches. They will lower the front about 1/2" on a RWD model

There is no coilover kit that does what you want.

What you will have to do is mix and match components. Use the front strut setup from a coilover setup and install rear shocks from bilstein or koni and leave the stock springs in the rear.

I don't recommend you mix and match like this unless you know what your doing with valving/spring rates.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBB6
I was looking to get a set of coilovers that will allow the rears to sit at stock height. Currently I have the oem e92 sport suspension with 285/30/19's and I can't go lower in the back. I would like to go lower in the front. It seems like all the sets I've seen drop the rear by at least .25-.50 inches according to their specs. Would replacement springs, shocks and the addition of front lowering perches be a better route?
I think Broadway static and fortune auto can make custom valved with custom height coilovers contact them and see what they say. I think they're the same company but fortune auto is more performance based and Broadway static is more slammed car based. I could be wrong though lol
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0