E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > anyone use EBC red stuff brakes?

10-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #1
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
anyone use EBC red stuff brakes?

does anyone have experience with the EBC red stuff brake pads, especially with these cars? Looking to do a brake change for the 335xi and I came across them. Found them priced to the OEM pads. I know the company is very reputable. Just seeing if anyone went with them and felt they were really worth it.
      10-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxxtacy View Post
does anyone have experience with the EBC red stuff brake pads, especially with these cars? Looking to do a brake change for the 335xi and I came across them. Found them priced to the OEM pads. I know the company is very reputable. Just seeing if anyone went with them and felt they were really worth it.
We've sold a few but I still recommend folks to look into the Hawk 5.0. Really nothing bad about them for a daily driver. Almost the same stopping power as the Hawk HP+ with the quietness of the HPS. They are the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
No. However, I just installed Cool Carbon Performance brake pads that got a lot of coverage on the Bavauto website. Based on the user comments I decided to give them a try. They are fantastic. I know people feel have almost religious like feelings about different brake pads, but my main criteria is good bite, lack of fade and, to be totally honest, low dust. In fact, dust has become more and more important to me because I feel like 90% of the time I am getting my car washed it is to get the goddamn brake dust off the front rims. Drives me crazy.

I spent yesterday evening properly bedding the brakes and now they are just terrific. Really good bite with no dust. I never see much written about them outside of the Bavauto site, but I would definitely consider them. For the record, I have zero affiliation with Bavauto and infrequently buy from their site.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
We've sold a few but I still recommend folks to look into the Hawk 5.0. Really nothing bad about them for a daily driver. Almost the same stopping power as the Hawk HP+ with the quietness of the HPS. They are the best of both worlds.
Thank you for the input Jeff. I will look into them
      10-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #5
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Personally I'm all about Autozone's Duralast Gold pads. Significantly cheaper and less dusting than OEM, equal performance, and lifetime warranty.