E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E92 Audio cut off / freeze

10-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
kenny23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92

E92 Audio cut off / freeze

Hi all,

i've done a few searches with regards to this but i can't seem to find a definite answer as to what is the cause.

I was driving the other day after the car has been sitting out in the sun on a relatively hot day for awhile (summer is coming back), and whilst driving, my CD/radio started cutting off / freezing. The audio would cut off for approximately 5 odd seconds and then it would come back on again.

This happened a few times that day.

I've had this car for a few months now and it's never done that before. Now, i've never left the car out "baking" in the heat until that day.

If someone in Australia has come across this issue, what have you done to rectify the issue?

Note : I've posted this in the Audio section of the forums, but i thought to post it in here as well.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
Boganian Rubes
Lieutenant Coal Burner
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 320d e90

I get the same thing, usually when I play it at fullish volume, just before the bass crunches. I just cry and deal with it ;-;
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
iliketurtl3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Amps have safety measures. I think this is one.
Appreciate 0