F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > New to San Antonio | Experienced Coder
Extreme Powerhouse

10-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
phennighausen
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, BMW E90 328i

Thumbs up New to San Antonio | Experienced Coder

EDIT: I have moved away from San Antonio and no longer in the BMW coding game for now... (I joined the P-car club. ).

Hi all,

I have just moved to San Antonio the other week and am learning my way around. Seems to be a much greater group of F30's around here then where I used to live. I have recently taken my car into the dealer in Austin which has been a great experience, I've never seen a BMW dealer that big!

While I'm in-between jobs I'd love to hear from some other enthusiasts! Also, if anyone needs some help coding I have all the tools and coded many things in my car; including the european high-beam assist and adaptive light control, indicators in the KOMBI, and other common coding things.

Pete

Last edited by phennighausen; 07-20-2019 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Welcome to the area! I bought my car at BMW of San Antonio!
      11-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
capelleti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phennighausen View Post
Hi all,

I have just moved to San Antonio the other week and am learning my way around. Seems to be a much greater group of F30's around here then where I used to live. I have recently taken my car into the dealer in Austin which has been a great experience, I've never seen a BMW dealer that big!

While I'm in-between jobs I'd love to hear from some other enthusiasts! Also, if anyone needs some help coding I have all the tools and coded many things in my car; including the european high-beam assist and adaptive light control, indicators in the KOMBI, and other common coding things.

Pete
Hi Pete, welcome to San Antonio. I have only experienced the BMW dealership in San Antonio but have heard good things about Austin. In fact I heard that they are actually building the biggest BMW dealership in the US here in San Antonio next year (on I-10 near 1604).

Have you had any experience coding the car to put the side mirrors up when the lock button is pressed, that would be something I'd be interested in.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
phennighausen
Private
Rep

Now that will be amazing when they open up the new BMW dealership here! I can't see why they wouldn't when comparing it to the palatial Lexus and Mercedes dealers I've seen.

Yes, I've coded my car to put the side mirrors up when you press and hold the lock button or hold your finger on the comfort access. They unfold when I unlock my car. I have also set mine to roll up the windows with the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capelleti View Post
Hi Pete, welcome to San Antonio. I have only experienced the BMW dealership in San Antonio but have heard good things about Austin. In fact I heard that they are actually building the biggest BMW dealership in the US here in San Antonio next year (on I-10 near 1604).

Have you had any experience coding the car to put the side mirrors up when the lock button is pressed, that would be something I'd be interested in.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
pisgahlvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Msport

Peter thanks for the assistance with the coding!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 10:24 PM   #6
MulattoMajor
Private
Rep
Drives: MG F30

I just moved to San Antonio a week ago.

OP, how much do you charge to code?

ALCON,

Any recommendations on shops for suspension and paint work? Also tint? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #7
phennighausen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulattoMajor View Post

ALCON,

Sorry for the slow response. It all depends on what you would like to code to your car and what is available. Hope you're liking San Antonio!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
Ms6 to 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 335i manual

hey op, i live in austin and don't know many coders here, i am willing to travel to get my car coded, also usually off Sunday Mondays, let me know what works, thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #9
MulattoMajor
Private
Rep
Drives: MG F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phennighausen View Post
Sorry for the slow response. It all depends on what you would like to code to your car and what is available. Hope you're liking San Antonio!
Thank you for the response. Do you have a breakdown of what you can do?

I'm interested in the following that I know of not sure if there are more useful ones as well:

Close mirrors
Close mirrors with comfort access
Open Mirrors when unlocking car
Close windows/sunroof with key fob
Auto Start Stop off
Video In Motion

Last edited by MulattoMajor; 02-10-2016 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #10
phennighausen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms6 to 335i View Post
hey op, i live in austin and don't know many coders here, i am willing to travel to get my car coded, also usually off Sunday Mondays, let me know what works, thanks in advance
I have off on the normal weekends. Any ideas on the things you would like to code into your car? You have an F30 335i correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #11
phennighausen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the response. Do you have a breakdown of what you can do?

I'm interested in the following that I know of not sure if there are more useful ones as well:

Close mirrors
Close mirrors with comfort access
Open Mirrors when unlocking car
Close windows/sunroof with key fob
Auto Start Stop off
Video In Motion
All of this stuff is easily changed just by editing the config files (CAFD) it should only take a few minutes to do so. Some of my favorites are separating the ambient light brightness from the IP brightness (looks cool at night) showing tire pressures in iDrive, enabling the LIM function, showing Auto Start/Stop indicator, auto unlocking when switching off ignition, and making the climate control remember when you turn it off.

Feel free to send me an email at pdhenn@icloud.com. I haven't been checking this sight as often since I'm busy at work.

Peter
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
Casualvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Hello!!! good to know theres f30 posters in San Antonio! I will be moving there around June and then selling my 335i, hope to run into someone while there
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 02:43 PM   #13
dsolis88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i Space Grey

Hello! I'm new to the forum and I live in San Antonio as well! About 2 minutes away from the new BMW dealership. OP, I sent you an email to pdhenn@icloud.com and I got no response. I am interested in having some coding done to my f10.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #14
phennighausen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolis88 View Post
Hello! I'm new to the forum and I live in San Antonio as well! About 2 minutes away from the new BMW dealership. OP, I sent you an email to pdhenn@icloud.com and I got no response. I am interested in having some coding done to my f10.
Hi,

I just responded to your email. I'd be happy to help you out.

Peter
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #15
dsolis88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i Space Grey

Thank you I've replied as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 12:02 AM   #16
stxf30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335i MSport

Garage List
What's up fellas. Here in SA too.
      02-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #17
Kram71
Registered
Rep
Drives: M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by capelleti View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolis88 View Post
Hi guys. Where is this new BMW dealership? I only know the dealership by the airport.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 06:27 AM   #18
AUSTIN3:16
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Hi, fellow San Antonian here! Got the wife a 2015 320i and wanted to get some coding done such as turning on SiriusXm radio and maybe some other things. Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 04:55 PM   #19
Thunderbird12
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Also new to San Antonio ... Besides the dealership, are there any other reputable BMW repair shops around? (The dealership is booked a week out, but I need work done ASAP.)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 07:08 AM   #20
MAILIYAT
Private
Rep
Drives: MUSTANG

Quote:

ALCON,

Appreciate 0