E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > MULF on CIC

10-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
apocalyps3736
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 2005

MULF on CIC

I have installed a CIC in my car and it works perfectly. But somehow i cant get my MULF working. Does anybody knows what has to be changed in the CIC to get my MULF (SA644) working? I hse ncsexpert and i heard some people got it working but they didnt use ncs...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalyps3736 View Post
I have installed a CIC in my car and it works perfectly. But somehow i cant get my MULF working. Does anybody knows what has to be changed in the CIC to get my MULF (SA644) working? I hse ncsexpert and i heard some people got it working but they didnt use ncs...
the CIC needs to be coded to your car (as in you need to tell the CIC what's in your car for it to work with everything else), do it with NCSexpert its the easiest way.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

As what reisf suggested.

Make sure your VO has the $644 option in both CAS and FRM.

The recode CIC to default VO using expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
apocalyps3736
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
As what reisf suggested.

Make sure your VO has the $644 option in both CAS and FRM.

The recode CIC to default VO using expert mode.
I got the MULF (644) like 80% working on my CIC. After a lot of conding with my CIC i now can connect my phone with bluetooth. When i receive a call it works normal but unless this connections seems to work, the CIC won't put up my phone as connected.

So i can't do anything but receiving calls. When i pair the phone with CIC it will ask my phone for permission to the phonebook etc. but after this it will give an error that it cant connect to my phone. I also tried another phone but no luck there either. Does somebody know what i have to change to get it working 100%?

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 05:04 AM   #5
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

That's an old post, but I want to mention again. I have the same problem after perfectly retrofitting and coding cic on my pre lci e90 with mulf module.
Basically mulf was working with the used cic before and after expertmode coding. However it had no 'phone book' in both cases. Actually I didn't need to code it. So, expertmode coding changed only vin, hardware and pbap options in .trc file. I could do it myself by editing .trc file. Well what's the problem then? There is no cic option in .trc file. So, coding just changed it automatically from radio professional to ccc. I think two things may cause the problem. The first is having no cic option in the list, and the next is to need to activate also voice recognition (with an emulator or fsc) I will try it with mulf2 basic module. If phone book works with mulf2, mulf will go to garbage can.

Last edited by bmw-extreme; 07-01-2021 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0